Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Actually Matt already has his auto in and running. I will send him an email again to see if he is still considering kits.

·
Banned
748 Posts
I met one guy with an auto Spirit R/T at SDAC 13. Can't recall his name but he used to be on the board here. The bellhousing was machined out for the crank sensor. He bought it that way so he didn't know much of how it was accomplished. I think he sold it some time ago.

·
Banned
1,016 Posts
Since you are not going to use it in a stock Turbo III application just put a distributor on the side of the head and get a computer for use with your turbo I wiring that is calibrated for the TIII head and injectors.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I looked at that but it looks like the thermostat housing and distributor would want to be in the same place and besides i would like to run the distributor less ignition

·
Registered
403 Posts
I think I was the first to do this, and used the exhaust cam, without interference issues. It worked great, but it was in a car (88 CSX-T) that didn't have DIS to begin with. I have seen Matt's setup in person, and it is very slick. He does retain the factory TIII electronics and DIS. That is certainly the way to go.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Funny thing is that I was over there buying a 58mm throttle body for my old R/T off you at a ford tech board. Matt's setup is definately slick.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts