Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have An 88 Daytona Pacifica,the Bottom End Has Been Rebuilt Completely, Im Running Super 60 Valves ,injectors, Computer, Cam Fuel Pump Etc. I Am In The Process Of Installing A T3/t4 Hybrid. It Has A .63 Ar, Will There Be Any Problems With This Engine Spooling That Turbo Up. Also What Tips Can Anyone Give Me In Setting Up My Car Once Ive Completed The Job To Avoid Things Like Detonation Under High Boost Etc.

Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated, I Have Had Nothing Bot Problems Setting This Car Up. It Seem No One In My Area Has A Clue And One Mechanic In Particular Has Already Cost Me Over $3000 In Engine Damage Trying To Set My Car Up.

Once Again This Is My Final Straw At Getting This Car Working Right. Any Help Is Appreciated Thanks.

· Registered
1,495 Posts
How big is your exhaust? I have an 87' Pacifica that I just put a rebuilt 2.2 in with a T3/T4. My turbo is .63 with a stage III wheel. Right now Im only running the stock 2 1/4" exhaust (minus cat and glasspack) and it takes FOREVER for the turbo to spool. But once it gets going its pretty interesting even at 10 psi. With a bigger exhaust ( 3") A T3/T4 turbo should spool much quicker especially with a stock wheel

· Premium Member
2,428 Posts
I Think Its A Stock Wheel,
.63 with stock wheel = what you want for good spool with a T3/T4. Do you know if it's a 40, 46, 50 or 57 trim compressor? Either way, with a good tune you should be full spool by 3500 or better and the turbo should be well on it's way by 21-2500rpm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.