Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imagine that!. I left my old
TACO BURNER :x
parked outside at home and didn't start it for seven weeks (sub zero weather at times). Asked a friend to start it and it was flat as a fart - dead battery.

It's amost 3 years old with 22,000 miles and it time to get rid of it (even though it still smells like leather)

So what's a 2001 Limited automatic worth these days?. It must be a good one since
I Got a TROPHY at CTF2 ! :}

·
Registered
17,456 Posts
Daryl- WELCOME BACK!! You better register soon! There is JELLEAU to be made doncha know...

Mine died to the first year I stored it, after about 6-7 weeks. I now use a TRICKLE charger, and it keeps the battery charged over the winter whilst in storage.

You can also remove the IOD (ignition Off Draw) fuse when the PT is sored for a long time, to eliminate any current draws on the battery,

Again- nice to see you back amoung the DEAD!

;)

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
I'm sure you already read this, but refer to page 199 of the 2001 owners manual. The one in your glove box.

If the car isn't driven for 21 days, Chrysler says to pull the IOD fuse or disconnect the battery.

Your PT didn't fail you, you failed to follow the information presented to you in the owners manual.

ps: Hope to see you at the Falls again this year.
Won't be the same without you!
:)

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Hey Daryl!!! Welcome back. Are you going to trade your PT in on a Turbo???

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Daryl - Welcome back. like the others said, just charge the battery back up and you'll be fine.

Hey, you coming to CTF3? It was a pleasure talking to you up there last June, looking forward to meeting you again.

·
Registered
359 Posts
the battery could be bad. I had to start the car everyday or else it wouldnt turn over.

im on my 3rd battery in 25000 miles and 2 and a half years. My second battery only lasted 9 months.

eric

·
Registered
17,456 Posts
The REAL deal ....

:D

·
Registered
17,456 Posts
PT Ted said:
Looking forward to seeing you at CTF 3 and thoughts great tasting Jello shooters...
?:|

1 - 20 of 24 Posts