Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting rid of my 87 GLHS, needs mild body work on right door/front fender (shallow crease, ~ 1/8 in deep, no rips or paint removed, 2 feet long) from prev owner, probably a woman driver (haha, j/k). The engine has not been started, 0 miles on pistons valves springs rings berings all new, everything else reground fresh. 555 tranny upgrade without the ugly body mods, cutting you see alot, custom linkage It looks like, didn't do myself. Did shift great with old engine. have old engine good for rebuild or throw in another car.

Both engines are 87 T2's with two piece intakes, one in car ported to 52 MM TB and has shelby valve cover. Spare has dodge valve cover and 48MM TB. Have extra set of front koni's that will need rebuilding before use. Unused slotted drilled front brake calipers. have daytona rear disks to put on, orig drums still on care. I can't tell for sure, but I believe the front calipers are the large caravan. have original airbox in car with K&N dodge air filter, new. extra set of front seats.

few spare parts include air box, good Daytona IC, new T3 IC, T2 airbox. Unused stage 5 cal. Only bad thing is I only have 2 centurions, 2 were stollen. but have a full set of AR racing wheels, pretty descent, with no tires I will throw in.

Just never recovered enough after surgery to finish this baby off, and wife wont let me keep two non running cars (keeping my TR7 that has perfect body, someday will pay to have someone drop in a v6 buick engine into it.)

Looking for around $2500 for everything. I can take pictures tomarrow, but they will gloss over the body damage as there is no paint scratches there, and not do justice to other parts, kind of a strange toss up there. If your in the area, come take a look.

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car #895 mileage reads 06026 I would imagine that rolled over

Have pictures send E-Mail address, I will E-Mail them. Found an extra turbo, in good shape, throwing that in, no use for it once the cars gone. Turbo in car was rebuild a year ago, had about 15 miles put on it before engine was swapped out with the rebuild

· Registered
762 Posts
Car #895 mileage reads 06026 I would imagine that rolled over

Have pictures send E-Mail address, I will E-Mail them. Found an extra turbo, in good shape, throwing that in, no use for it once the cars gone. Turbo in car was rebuild a year ago, had about 15 miles put on it before engine was swapped out with the rebuild
I thought they only made 500 GLHS's?

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heater hoses hooked up or blocked off, spedometer cable, plug in all the wiring for engine, I would suggest changing oil in transmission (the 555, uses oil not tranny fluid.) and the stage 5 computer should be put in, or the +40 injectors taken out and replaced.

Thats all there should be, but on all big projects there's probably something I overlooked, though I don't think so, just never changed an engine before.

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Buying a home, need cash, droping to 2000 for the lot, car, spare engine, 89 turbo, everthing. Found only a few hours to work on it. Computer no longer locked in test loop, but starter not kicking, thing its the neutral safty switch, can't find it, or the wire to short it off.

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If anyone is interested in the car without anything else for a resonable offer, I will sell the rest off later, The big thing right now is a pending move. So the big stuff is more important to get rid of.

· Helping when I can
1,327 Posts
I dunno about a neutral safety switch on that tranny But I know something that will take 10 minutes and you won't get dirty.
When I bought my 86 not cranking, It turned out to be the ignition switch. I think I used a 5/16 wrench and loosened the 2 bolts a turn or so, pushed lightly on the switch up the column toward the lock cylinder (still in 'lock') about 1/4" (that's where I felt tension on mine) and tightened it back down. The car started right up.
The switch had slid down over the years to the point that contacts wouldn't line up correctly when you turned the key.
I'm not saying thats what it is... I'm saying its possible and a quick thing to check.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.