Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm a new member, and have a PT turbo convertible, and have had Lebaron's in the past incl. a 92 turbo 1 conv. I'm here because I have a problem of course. I'm trying to fix a 93 Lebaron coupe for an old guy in the neighborhood. It's an amber turn signal, no hidden headlight J body, which instantly blows fuse #10 (tail light). There is constant power to the fuse, and it’s OK until you turn on the park or headlights. Then, I hear a relay somewhere under the glove box click, and the fuse pops an instant later. I have a full set of 91 wiring diagrams, and I knew they changed things around a lot in 92, but my drawings are useless, the color codes are even different between the years! I have the front end lighting unplugged, and all the individual rear and license plate disconnects unplugged, and that makes no difference, so it’s either in the relay, or a wire somewhere in between places is cut or pinched. The wire leaving fuse # 10 is light gauge pink with red stripe, and I assume the relay under the glove box is the park light relay, or whatever it was called in 93. I see lots of the earlier wiring diagrams on the web, but none for the later cars with the relay box under the hood. Does anybody have a 93 to 95 lighting wiring diagram, or maybe just look at theirs and tell me the path from the #10 fuse to the main feed wire to front and back wiring? 92 would probably be the same too, don't really know. Thanks, Ed

· Registered
3,679 Posts

· Administrator
26,464 Posts
I can provide you with the wiring, need some info first,
Engine size(2.2L turbo, 2.5L vin B or K, 3.0L)
With or without lamp outage module

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for taking interest guys, it is a 3.0 V6 with automatic and appears to be a very basic model. I am almost certain there is no lamp outage module on this car. (There is only the standard number of wires going to the lamp fixtures). The relay that clicks is probably in next to the body computer. It is definitely fully on the passenger side of the car. It may have nothing to do with my problem, but it engages whenever the light switch is energized. The fuse blows almost the same instant you hear the relay click, that is why I mention it. There is a full set of relays on the driver side up and above the fuse panel. They are so far back up in, I can barely see them, hope I don't need to access them at any time.

· Administrator
26,464 Posts
I can supply you with the wiring but unfortunatly there are no "flow charts" for this type of problem so it will be a matter of isolating each section of the system until you locate the component or short to ground that is causing the problem.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, NAJ. these are all completely different than the drawings I did have, but they do appear to match what I'm seeing in the car. The main feed appears to be from splice L7, and I do not see now the power gets from fuse 10 to that splice. It's a bit of a problem that the drawings all refer to connections that are made on other pages, and the alldata scans do not seem to give the original Chrysler page numbers on them. I will take some time with these, and have a go at it, thanks again. Ed.

· Administrator
26,464 Posts
If I had Chrysler schematics I would send them but Alldata is all I have at home for a 93.
I have access to Mitchell on Demand at work and thier wiring is layed out differently.
If you encounter any problems let me know and I will take a look at the diagrams.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the extra information NAJ, I have been narrowing it down, and it is somewhere in the basic wiring harness under the dashboard. I am going to run my own wires, and control the new wiring by relays slaved to the high and low beam headlights, which function OK now. I hate to butcher the electrics on any car, and this is a one year body style model at that, but it is not a nice example by any stretch, and is driven only a couple hundred miles a year, only in daylight hours. My plan will keep it on the road in a safe legal manner, and is really all I have time for. If I find anything else, I will report back.

· Registered
3,679 Posts
what amp fuse is in the dash light position? It should be low about 3 or 4 amp? If someone put a bigger amp fuse in there and it has a dash light issue it could pop the parking light fuse first. The dash light fuse is powered from the parking light fuse.
Tim

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found the problem and was able to fix it without anything radical being done. After some questioning, the owner remembered some body damage in the front end that had been repaired many years ago. I searched around that area, and found a pinched wire under the hood, but before the disconnects I had originally unplugged for troubleshooting. Thanks again to everyone who contributed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.