Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to the forum. A friend of mine has a '95 Lebaron convertible. Previous owner wired headlamps to come on with ignition to bypass bad switch. I'm needing to wire his taillamps to a simple 2 wire toggle he can use to turn his tails on at night but need a schematic of harness going into headlight switch. Thank you much!!
Tim

·
Administrator
24,437 Posts
Welcome To TD!!!

I will send you the wiring through PM.
The wiring will be for a 92 AJ body since that is as new as I go, they are all the same 90 - 95.

Please let me know if you have success and exactly what you did since these switches are no longer available and are a common failure item on 90 - 93 Daytona and 90 - 95 Lebaron.
The issue is usually related to connector issues (T/S Switch to Headlamp Switch) or solder joint issues on the circuit board on the T/S Switch or Headlamp Switch.
The only difference between Lebaron and Daytona Headlamp Switches is Lebaron never came with Fog Lamps.

I have had some success diagnosing and repairing the circuit boards.
(At my age and with bad eyesight it is hard for me to solder on the small circuit board)
The switch currently in use in my car has a repaired ground circuit.

SWITCH POD REMOVAL
INTERIOR-90-95 Switch Pod.jpg

HEADLAMP SWITCH
ELECTRICAL- Headlmap Switch Circuitry.jpg

ELECTRICAL- Headlamp Switch Repaired Ground Circuit.jpg

HEADLAMP SWITCH PINOUT
ELECTRICAL- Headlamp Switch Pinout 90-94 AG-AJ.jpg

T/S SWITCH DIAGNOSTICS
(6)90 Turn Signal Diagnostics 1  AG-AJ.jpg

(6)90 Turn Signal Diagnostics 2 AG-AJ.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much NAJ. I haven't dug into the car yet but think I'm gonna wire tail lights from trunk/tails to a switch on the dash. Then switch to 12v accessory in fuse box.

Car is a 95 Lebaron convertible with the Mitsubishi v6. I will update when I get the car here and investigate my plan.

Thanks again!
Tim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Discussing with owner of car, my idea will not work. If I wire directly to tail lamps, his dash lights would still be disabled.

NAJ, do you have a diagram showing id
Of wires that plug into headlamp switch?
I figure there has to be a wire that goes to the tails and another for illumination of dash.

·
Administrator
24,437 Posts
PM being sent.

I certainly hope you can repair the issue with a simple rerouting of the wires to a new switch since that will make this easier for a lot of folks, however...

My experience with these switches and the system itself tells me you will end up diagnosing and repairing the issue with the current headlamp switch or finding a replacement switch, Prove Me Wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts