Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need these items to basicly make sure mine are good. My car is sill running like crap and my afr is all wrong. Anyone got one I can buy our borrow if your nearby

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
they are only 12.95 at rock auto. Do a search for o2 sensor (also code 21) and you should find a lot of information posted by JAN which will give you step by step procedures on how to trouble shoot the o2 sensor problem.

·
Boost is a good thing!!
1,008 Posts
I've got about 3 TBI 90-91 computers, but they are 2.5 tbi 'puters, not 2.2. I'd mail you one to test. I'm sure it will start your car to help isolate the problem

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not 100% but I think the car is an 89 and I know its a 2.2. Thanks for the offer on the comp but I actually do have it running but just not well and it stalls randomly. From what I can tell its not registering a code (thats why I want to try another comp to see if this one is faulty) but I'll try again.

I'm just about done messing with this motor :( its just do frustrating. I have 2 t1 motors, a harness and what I suspect to be a power mod. A friend I met on here had the logic mod he will sell me. how hard us the swap? Im really considering it plus the stock motor seems to have some sort of bottom end noise anyway. Also I have a rebuild kit got the t1 if I wanted to start completely fresh.

Anyway my main question write all that is, how hard is it to do the swap?

·
Boost is a good thing!!
1,008 Posts
since your ride is a 90 Omni, You might be able to run a 90 TI minivan harness and SBEC. If your ride was a 89 Omni, you could direct plug in a 89 TI minivan harness and SMEC and go.

I'd post in another section to start getting these questions answered though.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
since your ride is a 90 Omni, You might be able to run a 90 TI minivan harness and SBEC. If your ride was a 89 Omni, you could direct plug in a 89 TI minivan harness and SMEC and go.

I'd post in another section to start getting these questions answered though.
my sig for the 1990 was for my old one that was rear ended and totaled i just have never changed it

ill post in the correct section for the answers about the swap and ill make sure of the year of my car because i may just still get a comp and o2 for it and see what happens

i know my omni is a 86-89 and not a 90

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
IF you can't find one call Cindy at www.fwdperformance.com 281-288-4411. She may work out a deal where you find one in your local junkyard and get you one that you want with a calibration. Go to their website and on the left hand side click on calibration and select the year of the the SMEC you want to see which cal you would want. This is just a suggestion.

Dennis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts