Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two things here. I was reading in an older post about the modification TEC does on our VNT's to make them larger. Has anyone actually done this and installed it on a car yet? I'd be interested in hearing how it is since the price is quite reasonable. Second have any of you guys dumped the 1-piece intake for a 2-piece like the GLHS's? If so whats the benefit other than ease to port? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Ironbird720 bought one, I do not think he installed it yet. Here is the thread, talks
about how it is made. I want to try this idea with a stock t03 housing and impeller.
You can read my thread as well vnt t03 hybrid in Vnt section. As far as intakes, the
2 piece is supposed to flow a little better, but I think it is more a matter of preference.
Some people prefer the one piece and others prefer the 2 piece. Do you have a spare
vnt exhaust impeller and heat shield for sale???
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f11/f42/134806-wtb-vnt-s-60-a.html

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I don't have any VNT stuff for sale. I did just buy a "totalled" '88 T2 Daytona for the drivetrain. I'm trying to figure out what to keep and what to part out. I'm rebuilding my CSX and want to go a little crazy with mods. I was going to install a T3 but those plans have been scrubbed for now. I liked that TEC VNT but I'd like to know how it feels and if any of the other things have to be changed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts