Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon. I was given a scanner/test set, an ALLTEST Brainmaster II 3258. I was wondering if any of you know anything about this set? I do not have my car running at the moment but I am hoping this will be a tool that I can use should a problem arise. I understand it is a bit dated but I am only working on an 86 MP Turbo logic module and an 87 power module. Thanks for any comments or insight.

·
Administrator
24,654 Posts
After a long search online I came up with...

The company is out of business and the unit is selling for < $50.00 online.

According to the pics the years covered are up to 1988, I assume you did not get the instruction manual.

Did you get the Chrysler Diagnostic Cable/Connector to plug into the underhood diagnostic connector?

It appears to be much more complicated to use than the DRB2 or OTC Monitor with all of the separate switches and knobs.

Since you are laid up use Google to search the abbreviations on the unit to try to find out what they all mean.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You Naj, this unit came from a now defunct K Mart auto center in Pembroke Ontario Canada. The owner believes he has the nmanual and is looking. Yes it came with the Chyrsler adapter. I shall do some poking. I appreciate the time you took.

·
Administrator
24,654 Posts
There are threads in some GM forums about this scanner so you may want to check them out when you search, most were about early feedback carburated cars but there was one on a Buick Grand National forum.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eureka, a manual has been found and will be in my hands shortly. Evidently they used this for all big three in the mid 80's so I have the beast now. As far as I can tell it will read codes, some live data, actuate sensors activate spark etc. Maybe old, but it's mine!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts