Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1991 DAytona iroc 2.5t1 has 96k on it now. was imported to zurich switzerland from warwick RI and sold to some guy in the army from zurich. u can run the carfax and see it. he and it came back here they shipped him to iraq and i got the car from virginia. car has not ONE spot of rust and i mean NONE anywhere. 16" pumps, cs center caps. perfect rear hatch cover.
brand new Marine deep cell battery.
91 r/t rad and cooler with VNT lower metal intercooler pipe.
srt-4 shifter and plate cables arnet new but they arent old either.
runs plus 20's (came on it)
eibachs/kybs
2.5"exhaust from turbo back hi flow converter with no muffler it sounds KILLER> i ened it off with a 4"wide 14" long stainless tip. brand new mopar O2.
Hella Glass lens conversion headlights with silverstar ultras.
gen 1 dsm bov slightly crushed on marine exhaust hose. hold 15-16 psi easy. had a zener on there but i took off cuz my girl was torching the tires.
rebuilt a568, welded a cap over the diff pin. 4 puck clutch from FWd with a t3 plate and new tob.
EL guage overlay and i replaced alot of the bulbs i could with LEDS.
pager alarm with Motion detector. factory alarm also works well.
has a pretty nice system in it. all power series RFosgates in the doors, 2 farad cap, Clarion dsp deck (sweet old school detach face built in dsp deck was almost 1200$ back in the day i had it rebuilt last year) 12 disc rear mount clarion cd player, rf fosgate q-series crossovers, memphis 1.5"tweets, 12" eclipse sub/audiobhan cover..
i have easily 2500$+ in the system.
new kumhos on back. front tires are old snows. have two new kumhos somehwere around here. front strut tower brace, i have rear one i havent installed and i have a cs racing panhard bar not installed.
interior is 98.7% mint. still has daytona floor mats, the driver seat just has a little of the fur comin off in one spot but no rips tears. door pulls are MINT. aftermarket boost guage and a/f above speedo (autometer). center console cover is mint

has a couple dings but i can have dent wizard pull em at work, havent got around to it. <i work for infiniti. runs good starts right up, drives sweet. needs front rotors from sitting this winter in storage. rears are brand new crossdrilled. I think the 568 leaks a few drops now and then but read on cuz i have another one to go with it. rebuilt it 2 years ago it has about 25k on it. Along with a .40 over cb all bored and pretty. Plus a set of slightly used JE's on t2 rods/mp rod bolts etc <they are unknown tho got em in a deal. very shiny and nice tho. seem to have gapless rings on em. whatever.

this car is one of the best 91 specimens i have seen.
car would come with a Brand spankin rebuilt by "THE MAN" a568 with all new gears and synchros for some extra coin. i got about 1300$ n that tranny its still in the crate. i think i bought all the last gears i could get from the dealerships around the country when it was built.

i just wondering what its value is to this community. i was going to trade it in work under my vip program for a g37s but they only wanna give me 1500.00 for the car so i was BENT- i told em to fly a kite. ill build a hybrid for what my lease startup would be and have no payments. i know it has no retail value -i sell cars for a living but cmon...seriously.

its not as shiny in some spots as in the pics -clearcoat peel in spots..
its going in next week for a Mp headgasket and arp head studs.
has a solid bobble strut. i dont race it i rarely drive it. it has never been beat on my me. I have a heavily modded 04 GTP compg i drive.
i have 15 years of parts collected to support it. take pages to list. Dealership didnt care much about that, my boss laughed at me. heh

i was hoping for at least $3500-4k. car is a sweet tuna. my buddys call it the thundertuna - u can hear the sub comin for miles. 500 watts power series RF.
the eclipse 12" eats it all and smiles. box is tuned to 30hertz

what do you guys think?? if i have to list a price id say 4500$ if i have to follow the rules of the forum. but you tell me. not many peeps around here even know what it is.

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts
Thats a pretty nice car...

$1500 as a trade? Your boss laughed at you?... SUE them for a HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT.:rofl2:

Seriously though, if you need to get $4500 out of it, you may have to sit on it for a while. But if you took the system out and threw a factory head unit in with some $20 dollar kenwoods or pioneers, I could see $3500 being a reasonable asking price on the open market. The System is full of high-end gear, so I don't see a problem selling that off piece by piece. (are those rockfords from the 'good years' or the 'bad years':wink:?)

PM me if you decide to split the system up:thumb:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the roxies are just before somebody at RF lost their mind. i know exactly what your talking about

these are the old power series. u see the new ones they are black. these are silver and have a blue led lighting up the logo. they arent punch's and u dont run them at 2 ohms to get the power. plus they all link up and look killer. external freq controls sit under my head unit for each amp.

car is old man...i know it- i work for hi end. i dont need to sell it. i listed a random number due to forum rules of prices must be listed. i have had this car a long time. since 98 i think. shame tho cuz it just sits around. its out now tho imma drive it on weekends this summer.

i figured he'd at least give me 2-2500.00 to be serious. (and he wasnt gettin my system) its under 100k miles not by much but it is. its not like we could retail the car,, it would go to auction and i understand that. but he has never even set eyes on one and remembered so he's like dude i dont even know what the hell that car is!! i let him take it for a ride and he was all smiling when he came back but.. whatever. its funny. i dont care i have a Compg i drive this tuna sits under a car tent covered up. ill take the 3500$ plus my first payment of $475 on the g37 startup lease figures and dump that into an engine.

no big deal. i just want to see what the car was worth to this community.
car will never get parted. and ill never sell it to some retard no matter how much coin he has. ill pull it out in 20 years in the same condition it is now. the system i may upgrade at some point. I run JL audio equip now in the gtp so i may get some Jl in the tuna at some point. ill keep you in mind.
the system is serious i run 100 watts nominal to the tweets, 6.5"s and the 6x9's in the back. NOT PEAK NOMINAL the sub gets 500 nominal. figure u sit in in it for 5 mins with the head on 22 (goes to 39) and your ears will ring for an hour!!:thumb:

car is just nothing more than a relic now and well... i appreciate your reply. im not the only one on here who put in serious money to something and wont get a squirt of it back. together we stand... together we fall. :drinking:

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts
car will never get parted. and ill never sell it to some retard no matter how much coin he has. ill pull it out in 20 years in the same condition it is now.
:hail:

I'm with you on that. I have a couple cars I keep in storage cause they're worth more to me than money.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
id be a little worried about the lack of oil pressure in that gauge picture if thats how it runs, because it seems the rest of the gauges are reading less the tach. that strut bar is upside down, cant be helping your struts any, looks nice enough, best 3K if somebody wants something moderately ricey

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
seems to be a pretty low idle no?? hmm alt guage reading discharge, no oil pressure. car wasnt running in that picture. look at the tach guy. car was OFF. runs killer. has excellent oil pressure (for a td) id drive anywhere at any time.

i thought it had a little blowby but the pvc system was all messed up on it and there was a hose issue. figured that out today when i put a hg/studs on it etc.

that strut bar sucks. the hood WILL not close if i flip it upright.

i think its the brackets. i got it off ebay a while back from some guy that made them for TD's like 4 years ago. i think he made a mistake hes like stand on it to bend it down a little it will fit. i think the brax came from a neon.

i had my gorilla of a buddy stand on it and it only made it worse.

doesnt seem to bother my struts. altho i drive rarely and lightly. it does need to go in the trash tho you are right prolly. but i could care less.

car is very rare (how many 91 2.5t1 5 speeds were made?? not very many.) and i intend to keep it as i will never get any coin out of it. as soon as i get ahold of an admin the post will be pulled.

3 grand? LOL great! i paid $2150 for it like 6 years ago and have put 30k on it since.. but its moot point.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I saw your post in the listing for the other daytona for sale in Mass. After seeing the pictures I would much rather have the IROC. If it's still available ,I don't have a problem with 3.5K expecially when it's close to home. Is it still available?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts