Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Texas where are ya...

10K views 55 replies 29 participants last post by  oldcountry68 
#1 ·
I know we have some Texas members.
Awfully quite over here. :bang head

#11 ·
Is anyone else planning to go to the dyno day at FWD Performance on the 29th? My plans changed, and I am able to go, but I will have to trailer my car from Elgin, and I don't own my own trailer. I just wanted to be sure this is still on and see who else is going to show up, before I start putting the money into it. :)

#12 ·
If anyone is actually reading this...

I attended the Dyno day at FWD Performance with my 1992 IROC R/T, and I am looking forward to doing it again in the future. There was only one other pre-SRT4 Turbo Dodge owner who showed up out there with his Shelby Lancer, so hopefully more people can show up next time! :)

#16 ·
Laredo Texas here. Used to have an 88 Lebaron with a Turbo II conversion and a custom I/C and T3/T4 running 27lbs. Loved to smoke them stangs and camaros! Had to sell it :bash:, but the turbo dodge bug bit again and I am now looking for another Dodge/Chrysler to buy and start working on.:thumb:

#22 ·
San Antonio! Moved here from Chicago back in 1997! Sometimes I wonder what the heck am I doing here, Turbo Mopar fans are like Dinosaurs here in Texas. Back in the Mid West and East coast is where most of the FWD Mopar guys are, I sure do miss that, but the trade off is NO SNOW, NO SALT and therefore NO RUST!!
From that perspective, moving here was the best thing I ever did for my Baby:
1989 Daytona C/S Competition.
Man I could tell you guys some stories about "cancer" (rust) due to all the salt they pour in the winter back east. The worst that happens here is clear coat fade if you leave your toy out too long in the sun, and don't wax her! I'll take that over cancer any day. Need to take a road trip out to FWD Performance one of these days and check them out.:TD2:

#29 ·
Any of you drive a red / maroon ~86 Daytona / Laser around the Austin area, or a black Daytona that might have been cruising on 130 a few days ago? Or perhaps you're shipping or received a Daytona Shelby in near perfect condition recently? These were all sightings by my ex. I haven't seen anything noteworthy lately. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.