Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, thank you to everyone who posted their positve experiences with their own cars and to those who shared their similar experiences.

But, I've gotta say that personally being a member or several auto enthusiasts boards, that the I'm very surprised by the obnoxious way that some of you treat guests.

And a thumbs down to those who attacked me for logging in as a guest, for what they perceive as whining and for whatever negative reasons they perceive to leasing vehicles.

I logged in as a guest, because this particular board allows it. i didn't log in here attacking anyone or their vehicles. I was ranting about specific problems that I was experiencing. i believe this is all within the guidelines of this board? People log into my other boards in the same way and none of us ever attack them or tell them to go to another board - we usually do our best to help.

We lease this vehicle because we can - and because we can write off the payments, which apparently is a problem to some of you can't. Out intent with our PT lease was to buy the car after the lease was over - but the car at this point isn't something we want to keep with the problems that I've posted. Leasing makes sense for us financially and because we can return the keys if we don't like it (as in this case).

In incidently, we OWN 2 other vehicles. The PT was what I consider our first domestic vehicle - isn't it based on a Neon? isn't that domestic? Those who got bent out of shape about me buying an import, shouldn't. Love your PT (or PTs) all you want. I've had better experiences with imports (just my personal experience) it might be WRX or a TDI 4-motion - doesn't matter right? my choice for me - not you.

Thanks for letting me visit - most of you have been very helpful and informative.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,480 Posts
Buying an import again. said:
First of all, thank you to everyone who posted their positve experiences with their own cars and to those who shared their similar experiences.

But, I've gotta say that personally being a member or several auto enthusiasts boards, that the I'm very surprised by the obnoxious way that some of you treat guests.

And a thumbs down to those who attacked me for logging in as a guest, for what they perceive as whining and for whatever negative reasons they perceive to leasing vehicles.

I logged in as a guest, because this particular board allows it. i didn't log in here attacking anyone or their vehicles. I was ranting about specific problems that I was experiencing. i believe this is all within the guidelines of this board? People log into my other boards in the same way and none of us ever attack them or tell them to go to another board - we usually do our best to help.

We lease this vehicle because we can - and because we can write off the payments, which apparently is a problem to some of you can't. Out intent with our PT lease was to buy the car after the lease was over - but the car at this point isn't something we want to keep with the problems that I've posted. Leasing makes sense for us financially and because we can return the keys if we don't like it (as in this case).

In incidently, we OWN 2 other vehicles. The PT was what I consider our first domestic vehicle - isn't it based on a Neon? isn't that domestic? Those who got bent out of shape about me buying an import, shouldn't. Love your PT (or PTs) all you want. I've had better experiences with imports (just my personal experience) it might be WRX or a TDI 4-motion - doesn't matter right? my choice for me - not you.

Thanks for letting me visit - most of you have been very helpful and informative.
The PT is independent. Not a Neon. I posted my positive experiences but to be honest, if you have to go back in and chastise a board for not behaving how you wish them to...you've wasted your time and the time of those reading it.

RN
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
GET LOST, YOUR THE ONE WHINNING, WITH "QUESTS LIKE YOU, MAYBE THIS FORUM SHOULD NOT ALLOW QUESTS. HIT THE ROAD JACK............. x(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,037 Posts
*ooooh he doesn't like our car*

Psh so what? Live and let live - if he doesn't like the 'Cruiser, that's his opinion.

That's what message boards/forums are for - for people to share their opinions! Don't flame him because his opinion is the same. If everyones opinions were the same, this would be quite the boring world.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,024 Posts
Sorry about your experiences with your PT, Buying an import again. If you look at the other car brands forums/boards, you'll find similar stories about fluctuating idle and bad gas mileage. For example a BMW: most idle fluctuation problems can be traced to a ICM, ICU, and the DME modules either being faulty (open circuit) or receiving faulty input from the various sensors (mass air, 02 , etc) or even vacuum leaks (sometimes even from an oil stick that is not fully inserted or seated). The idle hunting is the DME trying to correct the air-fuel ratio to its optimal level. Whether the dealers service dept is trained to take the time to properly diagnose and isolate the problem is another matter. A dragging or improperly adjusted emergency brake is another cause of many gas mileage complaints. Many quick fixes include disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to reset the computer back to baseline and gas mileage and drivability may go up.

You just may have been unlucky and received a lemon. No car model line can claim to have or sell 100% defective free cars. Look at the recall and service bulletin databases for any car model and you might be surprised about the amount of fixes and the seriousness of the recall problems. Hope you find your next car a better experience.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DREAM CRUZR 3305 said:
GET LOST, YOUR THE ONE WHINNING, WITH "QUESTS LIKE YOU, MAYBE THIS FORUM SHOULD NOT ALLOW QUESTS. HIT THE ROAD JACK............. x(
What the hell is a Quest?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
144 Posts
Actually the Quest was Nissan's version of the Mercury Villager van!

Hope you have good luck with your other vehicles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,109 Posts
DREAM CRUZR 3305 said:
GET LOST, YOUR THE ONE WHINNING, WITH "QUESTS LIKE YOU, MAYBE THIS FORUM SHOULD NOT ALLOW QUESTS. HIT THE ROAD JACK............. x(
Realx there Dream Cruzer... No need for CAPS
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sci-Fi - thanks for intelligent comment. After reading the many posts, I do realize that my problems are probably far and few between. Our particular car is probably just a bad one from off the line. The frustration has been that the dealer can't respond and repair the problem. An neither can the other 3 dealers I've tried.

Thanks to the post from BLUESCAR, I'm going to see if the dealership can deal with the TSB on the auto transmission. I'd be happy if they can solve the problem and possibly keep the car. They found a loose connection on the idle speed control unit and claimed to have repaired it as part of yesterdays service.

Not all cars are perfect, but I sure as hell would love one that's as close to perfect as possible.

Sci-Fi said:
Sorry about your experiences with your PT, Buying an import again. If you look at the other car brands forums/boards, you'll find similar stories about fluctuating idle and bad gas mileage. For example a BMW: most idle fluctuation problems can be traced to a ICM, ICU, and the DME modules either being faulty (open circuit) or receiving faulty input from the various sensors (mass air, 02 , etc) or even vacuum leaks (sometimes even from an oil stick that is not fully inserted or seated). The idle hunting is the DME trying to correct the air-fueOul ratio to its optimal level. Whether the dealers service dept is trained to take the time to properly diagnose and isolate the problem is another matter. A dragging or improperly adjusted emergency brake is another cause of many gas mileage complaints. Many quick fixes include disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to reset the computer back to baseline and gas mileage and drivability may go up.

You just may have been unlucky and received a lemon. No car model line can claim to have or sell 100% defective free cars. Look at the recall and service bulletin databases for any car model and you might be surprised about the amount of fixes and the seriousness of the recall problems. Hope you find your next car a better experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,981 Posts
Buying an import again. said:

And a thumbs down to those who attacked me for logging in as a guest, for what they perceive as whining ...
Wouldn't take that too personally. There have been some "issues" as of late and in the past with "guests" stirring up trouble and then sitting back with pleasure and watching the chaos they create. We like to encourage people to register and stick around. You never know, you just may learn some stuff and make some friends along the way. Best of luck to you!
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sorry if you were treated poorly by any of the members of PTE. That is not acceptible behavior.

DREAM CRUZR 3305,

Play nice or leave. Those are your two choices. Our 'guest' has the right to mention that they were treated in a way they felt reflected poorly on our manners. You, however, do not have the right to tell anyone to 'get lost' That right is reserved for me alone.

Again, I apologize to our guest if they were mistreated.

...oh, one last thing. The Neon and PT were developed together by the same team. They are about as close to being siblings/platform-mates as it gets anymore. The 2nd Gen Neon is a fine small sedan, just like the PT is a fine small car in its own right.

I see no need to feel offended or threatened if someone calls the PT 'Neon-based'

Thanks for listening.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just surprised that so many took my post so personally - especially when it wasn't an attack on anyone. Just a venting of frustration for our PT and our experience owning it.

Other boards I visit and am a member are very compasionate to other owners and try offering help and advice.

I'm glad I wasn't too far off about the Neon reference.

PTAdmin said:
I'm sorry if you were treated poorly by any of the members of PTE. That is not acceptible behavior.

DREAM CRUZR 3305,

Play nice or leave. Those are your two choices. Our 'guest' has the right to mention that they were treated in a way they felt reflected poorly on our manners. You, however, do not have the right to tell anyone to 'get lost' That right is reserved for me alone.

Again, I apologize to our guest if they were mistreated.

...oh, one last thing. The Neon and PT were developed together by the same team. They are about as close to being siblings/platform-mates as it gets anymore. The 2nd Gen Neon is a fine small sedan, just like the PT is a fine small car in its own right.

I see no need to feel offended or threatened if someone calls the PT 'Neon-based'

Thanks for listening.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,738 Posts
Hope someone can fix the problems you are having with your PT. Most of us have been pretty lucky and had almost no problems at all. Let us know how the repairs go. True, there are lemons once in awhile. Does your state have any sort of "lemon law?" Even us folks in N.C. have one. Its a pain in the butt to prove you were sold a lemon, but some people have been lucky enough to have had their car replaced by the dealer. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,163 Posts
Buying An Import Again Period:

I Apologize if I was one of those who offended you but I get offended also by folks maybe like you who sign in "Buying An Import Again Period" as a guest...you really didn't have to posts any posts.....your name said it all to me.

Maybe you have a lemon PT....one of the very few. Most all if not all folks here are here because they LOVE the PT. We all have probaly experienced some sort of problem(s) with our PT's but collectively, we have found ways to deal with it positively.

I'm hoping you find that perfect automobile.....in my forty years of auto OWNERSHIP...I've not found one yet, and probaly will never as they are machines....and machines being machines are designed to not work forever.

In closing.....I'm just a PToholic. :x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,947 Posts
Good luck with whatever you decicide to do. I've had great luck with imports in the past. Part of the reason I had such good luck with them was that I also found great service departments at the dealerships. Fortunately I found a super Chrysler service department close to home that takes fantastic care of my vehicles. I'm enjoying my Chryslers-one Town & Country LXi van and two PT Cruiser Limited Editions. It sounds like you either have a bad Cruiser off the line or the dealers have terrible service departments. In my experience, my vehicles have only been as good as the service departments or mechanoics that take care of them for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,709 Posts
Buying an import again. said:
I'm going to see if the dealership can deal with the TSB on the auto transmission. I'd be happy if they can solve the problem and possibly keep the car. They found a loose connection on the idle speed control unit and claimed to have repaired it as part of yesterdays service.

Not all cars are perfect, but I sure as hell would love one that's as close to perfect as possible.

Hmmm. You sign in as "Buying an import again," slam the Cruiser and insist you're looking elsewhere for transportation, get all upset because folks take exception to your comments, and now you're saying you'll "possibly keep the car." Uh-huh. Seems to be a "loose connection" somewhere .
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I didn't slam the cruiser - I slammed our/my cruiser. There's a big difference there. And I am considering other transportation (Subaru, BMW, Volvo, Audi, VW). I'm not out there test driving any domestics right now for whatever reason - I've got until Septembr to iron out the issues with the PT and then POSSIBLY keep it.

If the problems persist, like they have - the PT will go back.

No loose connections here.

JOEM said:


Hmmm. You sign in as "Buying an import again," slam the Cruiser and insist you're looking elsewhere for transportation, get all upset because folks take exception to your comments, and now you're saying you'll "possibly keep the car." Uh-huh. Seems to be a "loose connection" somewhere .
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Buying an import again. said:
I didn't slam the cruiser - I slammed our/my cruiser. There's a big difference there. And I am considering other transportation (Subaru, BMW, Volvo, Audi, VW). I'm not out there test driving any domestics right now for whatever reason - I've got until Septembr to iron out the issues with the PT and then POSSIBLY keep it.

If the problems persist, like they have - the PT will go back.

No loose connections here.

No need to explain BAIA, like PT Admin said, your post was well within bounds.
I've had my Cruiser for almost a year and a half and have had my share of problems with it. Probably won't buy another either.
Is the Cruiser junk or jewel? Only time will tell, I guess.
I don't visit here often, so maybe I'm just catching this forum at a bad time, but why are there so many rude people here?

Good Luck with your Cruiser or Import.

P.C.
 
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Top