Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're looking hard an heavy for a set of rims which we think are the best compliment to the Cruiser. With so many wheels on the market we're wondering can RWD rims be modified for FWD?? The only difference is the center core where the wheel hub is smaller on RWD correct??

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Mark1 said:
The off set is the biggeat difference! the dish on RWD wheel are more centered or even slightly to the inside, whare FWD are flatter with verry little or no dish at all. This means that when you mount them they will stick out like a old school lowrider! The center will probably fit eather.
mark is right, it is all about the offset. you cannot run rwd wheels unless the have negative offset which would make them fwd wheels. most companies that make rwd wheels will make the same in fwd

·
Registered
816 Posts
IM buying some American Racing Wheels Torq Thrusts and no they dont make them in FWD but my Sponcer at the tire shop assured me they will fit. Also he said the offset wont be enough to stick out. The problem with them is that they wont tuck under the finder of the PT they will fit flush but not in the curveture in the wheel well. So you wont be able to lower your car because if you hit a bump you will prolly dint your finder.

These are on my list but If I cant get them (which I seriously want them) I am going to get some that look close to them

-Cory

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
PT_Hot_Rod said:

mark is right, it is all about the offset. you cannot run rwd wheels unless the have negative offset which would make them fwd wheels. most companies that make rwd wheels will make the same in fwd
sorry this was not correct. i did not provide correct information. the offset is actually very high. between 40-50mm is what you need to look for. the lower the offset the further out they stick.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
MiniHemi said:
IM buying some American Racing Wheels Torq Thrusts and no they dont make them in FWD but my Sponcer at the tire shop assured me they will fit. Also he said the offset wont be enough to stick out. The problem with them is that they wont tuck under the finder of the PT they will fit flush but not in the curveture in the wheel well. So you wont be able to lower your car because if you hit a bump you will prolly dint your finder.

These are on my list but If I cant get them (which I seriously want them) I am going to get some that look close to them

-Cory
you might want to check www.americanracing.com for information. from the best of my knowledge the wheels (torq thrusts) don't even come in 5X100 mm bolt pattern. However they do have a few that come in a high offset pattern. But the bolt pattern needs to be the same.

·
Registered
816 Posts
actually they come in every bolt pattern. I know because when I bought the ones for my truck it took 2 weeks to even get shiped to my dealer because they (american racing wheel) had to drill the bolt pattern in. It was because they said they sale a lot of them but not for the exact same car so they dont finish the wheel until they are sold.

-Cory

1 - 7 of 7 Posts