Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for you guys..

why would someone want to break into a car that is in rough exterior condition, [rust, bent front fender] have no radio, infact [taped] wires are sticking out of the dash.. kleenex stuffed in the door pockets and the interior is generally messy. yet this car was the only one hit in the parking lot.. puzzled. oh ya. this would be the second time.

any idea guys?

bernie

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Leave the door unlocked next time.
Someone wants something they think the driver of such a car would have...

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Depends what kind of car your driving, some of the people around here will steal a honda in any kind of condition even if they have to push it uphill for a mile to get it to there garage lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a question for you guys..

why would someone want to break into a car that is in rough exterior condition, [rust, bent front fender] have no radio, infact [taped] wires are sticking out of the dash.. kleenex stuffed in the door pockets and the interior is generally messy. yet this car was the only one hit in the parking lot.. puzzled. oh ya. this would be the second time.

any idea guys?

bernie
My car previous to the Daytona was broken into about 6 times in 6 months. After the 2nd time I never replaced the stereo...what for they'd just take it again...I made sure all the wires were left hanging out so they could see and probably wouldn't bother with my car anymore and also made sure there was not one thing in there...nothing to see...nothing to steal

haha was I wrong !!

It's usually crack heads/druggies these days...they are looking for money...or something they can sell quick for money. The police also told me some break in to cars for a place to sleep also :confused:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Crappy looking car = no alarm

Cluttered car = loose change etc.

keep your car clean so they can see nothing is in it worth value. If a crack head sees a quarter they are breaking in. In Michigan its even worse since an empty soda bottle is worth ten cents. Also try a blinking LED somewhere on the dash they will usualy move on to the next car.

·
Administrator
24,827 Posts
My first car was a 1964 Buick LeSabre and in 1976 the vehicle was stolen from the parking lot at a bowling alley.
The excuse was that it was raining and he needed a ride home and he had an old chevy key and it worked the ignition so off he went.
Luckily his neighbor called the police and reported that he came home in a vehicle that was not his and I had a friend on the police force who recognized the description and called me so I got the vehicle back the same night.
People will steal anything for any reason.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I didnt realize canada had car theft problems? it seams alot of canadians on here get there cars either broken into or stolen?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm in Ontario, all my cars and house get broken into all the time.

Since I put a fancy alarm in my van which has a very obvious and bright blinking blue light I've had no trouble.

It's all just crackheads and bums here. Same guys that come by in the day while I'm working on my cars and bug we. They are always drunk and always tell me how I should be doing something. They are always on dissability or welfare or whatever and they always have beers in their bags/hands.

I'm gonna put up a tall privacy fence.

Pete

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
+1 on the crackheads/bums. Clean up your car!. I like guelph the worst i get is bums asking me for money lol. They are not violent here.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I like to agitatethe beggers here. When they ask for a dollar because they are "hungry" I will hand them my leftover lunch or a stick of gum... What do you know they decline the offer. So then they just ask for a dollar or FIVE dollars... As I am rolling away I tell the begger that I gave "tyree" over at the bus stop my last 10 dollars and to go ask that bum if they can "share" that bill. You should see how quick they run up to that other bum in the bus stop bench booth. Usually if you're lucky, a fight will break out between the two.
It's very bad over here with the beggers.

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
:)I have had a car or two broken into but they usually took something of value(stereo equipment, cd's). Had a run in with a bum once at mcdonald's my brother handed him the bag we got from the drive thru... it was nice eating in the car and then having someone take the trash out for me:thumb:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I didnt realize canada had car theft problems? it seams alot of canadians on here get there cars either broken into or stolen?
Well we all got our crimes right...I don't think there is any place that is "safe" these days sadly

I am astounded at the high rate of theft around here...but there are "chop shops" they say and the vehicles stolen are quickly disposed of

I am surprised still how many drivers leave their keys in their cars running while quickly running into the 7/11...I am so paranoid I barely use the car starter ahead of time unless I am close to the car...

This was the stats for last week only :confused: I feel blessed every morning to wake up and the car is still on the street

City Police are reminding drivers to not leave their vehicles unattended while their cars are running. According to the Tactical Response for Auto-Theft Prevention (TRAP) team, approximately 25 per cent of vehicles stolen last week had their keys left in the ignition. Between Nov. 5 and Nov. 11, 123 vehicles were stolen, compared to 104 vehicles in the previous week. The most popular vehicles being stolen include Dodge Dakota and Ram trucks (15 stolen), Honda Accords and Civics (9 stolen), Ford F-Series trucks (7 stolen) and Saturns (6 stolen)
Crazy

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I've got a pair of items that I always leave in my van. The first is a simple piece of paper, with a ragged hole in the center of it. The other is a box of .45ACP brass from when I made that ragged hole in the paper......

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well there goes my theory.. i figured if i left the interior a bit messy, that it would deter people as it would look like i didnt have two cents to rub togther.. maybe there is something to be said for a neat car now. i always thought if your car was mint it meant you had money and would have values in the car.. guess i was wrong.

I have since gotten rid of the car from that area and have relocated it for a while. i hate not seeing it in the drive way.. but what do you do.

Great tips on here BTW.. regarding the LED.. though the paper and pipe has me stumped!:confused:

crime has gotten really bad, as well as there having been a boom so to speak of homless peoples. acutally there is a group of "80's style punks" who rent an apartment near where i live and i see them trot off downtown in packs of 6.. i then sometimes see them downtown running after people for change.. and then come home on the early evening bus. but the homelessness used to be center town.. now its spreading to the suburbs.. its really sad.

bernie

·
Registered
422 Posts
acutally there is a group of "80's style punks" who rent an apartment near where i live and i see them trot off downtown in packs of 6.. i then sometimes see them downtown running after people for change.. and then come home on the early evening bus.

bernie
I've seen those guys walking by in front of the shop... they look like they're from a mad max movie.

James

1 - 20 of 25 Posts