Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I want to start off by saying I have NOT checked all my fuses or anything yet. However, I want to see if anyone has any idea what this might be beforehand because this issue came up during the night and it is COLD. Forget all that right now.

I was driving along earlier tonight and noticed that my left turn signal light on the dash has been perpetually lit, that's right, it's not flashing, it is LIT without the signal even being activated. The front left signal is out though. Shortly after I noticed the light on the dash I was greeted by a wonderfully annoying chime. This is the same chime you hear when your low gas light comes on. The only difference is this chime is constantly repeating and really freakin annoying to hear!!!!

I am not getting any engine codes of importance. The car seems to be running fine. It's obviously electrical but I have no idea what the heck this is.

On a non-electrical tangent, what causes a power steering pump to lose fluid and foam up into a nasty yellow color? Do I need a new pump? I have tried flushing it but didn't seem to work.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
as far as the light the bulb on you drivers side front turn signal either has a shorted bulb (not likely) or a bad ground (more likely). I don't have a wiring diagram but I am pretty sure the dash turn signals indicators are wired to the front lights since the flasher section of the front bulbs only do flash duty. unlike the rear flash section of the bulb that doubles as the brake light. the parking light feed to that front light is backfeeding to the flasher side of the front bulb and lighting the dash bulb.
Tim

·
Administrator
24,825 Posts
"Foaming" P/S fluid is an indication of air in the system either from a leak or a faulty pump.
If you continue to drive with low fluid and the pump is "growling" the pump will fail even if that is not the cause at this time.
Once you find and correct the problem you must bleed the system or pump damage will result.

·
Administrator
24,825 Posts
Sounds like stray voltage looking for ground, is probably related to the T/S problem, repair that and the chiming will probably also stop.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, makes sense. I found a disconnected red and black wire on the opposite end of what was coming from the headlight fixture. just have to find out where it came from.

·
Administrator
24,825 Posts
I will check on wiring tonight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
where was the wire you reconected? My car chimes from time to time. Usually durring rough driving so i always figured it had a short or bad ground. sometimes my door look cylinoids would seizure a few times then stop also. its kinda of funny when your driving a little rough and a passenger goes whats thet with a look of fear in their eyes. i usualy say its the ohh sh!t warning or self destruct timer.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where was the wire you reconected? My car chimes from time to time. Usually durring rough driving so i always figured it had a short or bad ground. sometimes my door look cylinoids would seizure a few times then stop also. its kinda of funny when your driving a little rough and a passenger goes whats thet with a look of fear in their eyes. i usualy say its the ohh sh!t warning or self destruct timer.
it was the ground wire coming from the left front turn signal

·
Registered
16 Posts
The chiming is because most chryslers have a feature of 'REMINDING' you to turn off your turn signal if it's on for too long. An 'ANTI-GRANDMA' device if you will. Whatever the electrical problem is/was is probably sending a message to the computer that your turn signal is still on.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The chiming is because most chryslers have a feature of 'REMINDING' you to turn off your turn signal if it's on for too long. An 'ANTI-GRANDMA' device if you will. Whatever the electrical problem is/was is probably sending a message to the computer that your turn signal is still on.
Not in this case. I fixed it a long time ago, but a ground wire came lose from a connector on the front left turn signal. Resolder, problem solved.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts