Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any pictures of how the lower alternator bracket should go. I think I have two different styles of parts sitting in the garage, and it's really confusing me.

The top part: Cake.

The bottom part: :confused:

Just it just bolt into the water pump, or is there more too it? One bracket I have has 2 bolt holes...can't find them lining up with anything.

The engine is an 88 2.2T1, if that makes a difference (I have pieces of 85, 88, 89).

Thanks

d

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I did, thanks. It didn't show me what I needed.

·
Registered
549 Posts
oh sorry about that, i thought you were talking about the small two-hole bracket that has a rubber bushing in it

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
D,

The two bolt holes on the passenger side of the alt mount? There is a dogbone spacer that goes between these holes and two on the side of the block. I think these are the two that you are talking about. The spacer is about as wide as the timing belt, as it spaces the alternator bracket out far enough to clear the timing belt cover.

I hope this helps some. I don't have any pics of it...sorry.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
The S is Silent said:
D,

The two bolt holes on the passenger side of the alt mount? There is a dogbone spacer that goes between these holes and two on the side of the block. I think these are the two that you are talking about. The spacer is about as wide as the timing belt, as it spaces the alternator bracket out far enough to clear the timing belt cover.

I hope this helps some. I don't have any pics of it...sorry.
That sounds like the A/C mount to me.

The two holes on the bottom alt bracket get bolts through and into the WP tip.
The front facing hole has that long lower WP to block nut/bolt. The hole facing the passenger fender gets a 1" long bolt into the WP housing.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't seem to get mine to line up with any two holes.

I also have one mount that has a big rubber piece on the end, and only one hole. It looks like it just mounts to the side of the WP housing.

Man...this is why I liked to have one TD sitting in the driveway together. I could just go out of the garage and look at it. Trying to picture stuff when it's lying in a pile on the floor is a little tougher.:(

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Sounds like you have a late model pump and earlier bracket ... or vise versa.
The single hole on the passenger side types are earlier mounts and WP I believe.
The mount you just described, the single hole job, would be from your '85 collection.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's the thing. The water pump is certainly an 88 (as it's on the all stock 88 engine). I think I have both brackets, but i surely can't figure where to put the stupid 2 holer. I really need a picture. Maybe, since nobody's been able to post one, I'll run to the JY and look in a car there.

Argh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts