Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had to do the 10,000 km service (approx 6,000 miles) and all the dealers I called charge from 250 to 330 USD plus 15% tax for doing it. Also, if I would like to keep the warranty valid, I should service my PT in an authorized Chrysler dealer. Sooooo, after looking to several options, I took my PT to a dealer in another city (where my sister lives). The manager of such dealer is a close friend of my cousing and also knows another friend of mine. He told me that I would get a discount. Well, I paid the equivalent to 190 USD (tax included) and by paying with my credit card I will pay in 6 months with no interest (0%).

With respect to the gas filter the manual said it was going to be changed, I talked to the service manager about it and told him that according to a friend (thanks MX-5 ;) ) the only gas filter was located in the pump module. He mentioned that some Chrysler models have a filter in the gas lines but that he would personally check that. As a result, no gas filter was changed (or charged).

In the end, this is what they did:

10,000 kms service:
-tires rotation
- cleaning and adjusting brakes
- changing air filter
- cleaning injectors and throtle body
- general inspection and lubrication
- changing oil and filter
- engine wash

I believe it was not as bad as I thought. I have to mention that it was a 5 star dealer. AND..... the manager offered me a Dream Cruiser Series II (not yet on the lot) and I said that I would have to pay close to $30,000 USD for it, but he mentioned that he saw that the list price would be something like 19,900 USD. Can you believe it? I feel bad that even at that price I would not be able to buy it.

just wanted to let you know.

PTMX

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Redhot, you would need to come to Mexico to Puebla (about 1.5 hours from Mexico City) and talk to this guy. Then, I guess you would need to drive it to the border and maybe pay import taxes or something like that. But if you like, you can send the money to my account and I would buy it for you ;)

PTMX

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Please send me your air filter!

With only 6,000 miles on it, it's still new.

In the USA, we aren't supposed to change it untill 30,000 miles.

Any way you look at it, you got screwed.

"Clean and adjust brakes"

WTF?
At 6K miles, they aren't even broken in. Oh, by the way..... they are self-adjusting! There is no required maintenance beyond replacing worn pads.

I see that the Cortez administration is alive and well.
He took your country by force in 1519 and they are still taking advantage of the public!
x(

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now I understand why he offered me the DCII at < 20 grand (he would get the money -screw me?- in the future...)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
My goodness... We should all get jobs as Mechanics in Mexico, at those rates they should be making $250K US a year!

Brad

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
PTMX said:
Redhot, you would need to come to Mexico to Puebla (about 1.5 hours from Mexico City) and talk to this guy. Then, I guess you would need to drive it to the border and maybe pay import taxes or something like that. But if you like, you can send the money to my account and I would buy it for you ;)

PTMX
I'll pass for now, but thanks any way. |)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Again, thank you for your comments, it is a shame that I can't service my PT in another shop or even myself (without voiding the warranty). I guess this is the other side of the story of buying a PT in Mexico....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts