Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have a good plan, but want some input from those who have experience...

Keeping the 2.5tall block, stock internals(cant afford pistons right now).
Maybe I can add them in later on, who knows with the way International Truck & Engine is going right now...

Going back with a 782 Head, shave it .030", +1mm valves, .061 springs(have them on my CSX setup not using them, figured maybe lol), deshroud the runners/bowl, Cam is still unknown(Craig wanna trade UDP for a MP cam:D).

:)Suggestions, The pros/cons of my thoughts?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I've been told after port & polish that you shouldn't take more than .010" off these heads or they tend to run hot. Deck the block .030" & you get 10 to 1 C.R.. .484" lift cam & bigger valves with a good exhaust system should help.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Since it's already a fuelie, with your knowledge & connections couldn't you use the turbo intake and injectors? Never tried it but it seems that with no boost you wouldn't have to change the map sensor. What if you had a dual carb intake and adapted it to run two T.B.'s.

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been looking into the MPI setup, just more time and money then I want to put into the car for the gains and headaches that seem to come with it.

Alex(the guy I bought the car from) said something about a Dual TBI setup, IIRC BAKES said it would be too rich. If I have the $$ and parts i'd take this 2.5 back to carbs(duals look great). This idea mainly came from the fact of the problem's ive had to locate the timing on her now. Figured if I started fresh with the top end i'd know what was done exactly and if i had a question there wouldn't be as many issue's relating to it when im out trying them...

How is 9 to 1 compression on these N/As? I really have a lot to learn here:p

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
The GLH's came with 10 to 1 stock, with a 3.87 F.D. 5 spd. I had a silver one and used to beat the snot out of it, and it always wanted more! I took off the cat, put a 2.5" DP off a GLHT (bolts right up) ,and a resonator w/ no muffler. 16 degrees of advance, 50/50 mix TURBO BLUE & SUNOCO 94 and that little sucker would scoot! Launched better than a turbo. It wouldn't top-end like 15 lbs. of boost, but 0 to 60 was all smiles.

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a '94 Caravan's A670(FD I don't know what it is). I'm saving up trying to get the parts to swap in an A568:D Only thing I need now is a tranny mount and to remember if i can use an auto ecm with a 5speed setup:confused: never got into that, every car has been a 5speed from the start LOL

I was doing some thread searching...
allmotor has suggested milling the head .040", need to call Mopar and see if they still make the shorter belt or find out who does.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Does your K-frame still have the bracket for the rear mount?Is it the '85 mount for the "dog-bone" or modified for the later strut-type ?

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does your K-frame still have the bracket for the rear mount?Is it the '85 mount for the "dog-bone" or modified for the later strut-type ?
it still has the mount, dog-bone? is that another L-Body only thing? I'd say its whatever came stock, after the 525 went, in this A670 came... is it difficult to modify? ohh and i need axles, cant forget about those:p

·
Registered
282 Posts
782 are 6cc smaller than the other chamber heads
ripping off .30"is about as far as i would go
you will need to deshroud the combustion chamber around the intake and exhaust valve the biggest problem with this head is almost 1/2 the valves are shrouded fixing this really brings these head to life in n/a motor then do the normal porting job
p445265 or 7 cams work well with this combo later better 240-248-24*.460 lift centerline 110*

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
It's called Dog-bone because it kinda' looks like a toy dog bone except it's made out of metal with oval shaped rubber bushing's in the ends. Crappy design. There is a thread here somewhere I think a Daytona shows pics of switch to bobble strut. Looks like just move one of the tabs over. I used an auto module in a stick car once in an emergency. It drove fine only a couple of times while coasting down for a traffic light, it would die. I'd pop the clutch and it'd start back up. No explanation.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Yes Clayton, the "DOG BONE" is another L-BODY THING. But it is not all that difficult to modify either one to work. Either the trans mount or the K-frame mount. I have looked at both in expecting the modification over in my poor car. But now that the plans have changed. I know now that I have this knowledge for just about no reason at all. But I would be able to kind of help you out with figuring it out at some point.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i worked with both heads the g head is a good head but personaly like using a g head with turbos and hi boost
it flows good because the valves are not shouded due to the bath tub design

1 - 20 of 33 Posts