Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished the swap of a manual to auto. on my 82 rampage. trans shifter all connected and working. I cannot see where the throttle pressure cable connects to the holley 6520 carb. , I don't have the auto bracket for the two cables, I should be able to fab one. The pressure cable I have came from a 83 rampage. would someone post a photo of where it connects on the carb linkage. Thanks

·
Registered
468 Posts
I just finished the swap of a manual to auto. on my 82 rampage. trans shifter all connected and working. I cannot see where the throttle pressure cable connects to the holley 6520 carb. , I don't have the auto bracket for the two cables, I should be able to fab one. The pressure cable I have came from a 83 rampage. would someone post a photo of where it connects on the carb linkage. Thanks
Hope this pic helps!

I just got through dropping the AT pan & pulling the valve body. Too dang hot now to do anything else! :frown2:

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
john83rampage; That is exactly what I wanted to see. I can see that I have the wrong pressure cable. It was supposed to be from an 83 rampage I can see it's not. IT took me over three weeks to swap trans due to the extreme heat here in no. ca. and I wok alone. If anyone has this cable and bracket I would be interested in buying. Thanks much

·
Registered
468 Posts
Just to let you know I had to take the pic with a flashlight (torch if you're a Brit) shining on the carb. The shadow of
the throttle spring is appearing on the metal tube of the throttle pressure cable (kickdown cable, detent cable).
The groove on the end of the cable slides on the carb linkage pin and then it's secured with a washer & clip.
Look at figure 14-2100 in the '82 efiche parts manual (Fuel then throttle controls M,Z 2.2). Part number for the
bracket is indicated.

RockAuto has the cable. Look under Transmission then select Detent...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John83 Thanks again I just ordered the cable. I would never have looked at detent. rockauto is a great place to buy parts, I'v been buying from them for six years. the picture came out great. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts