Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the post says. Any ideas?
87 GLHS
Freshly Rebuilt TII Bottom End with Weisco Forged Pistons, ARP Rod Bolts, ARP Main Studs and ARP Head Studs
Ed Peters Oil Pan
Steve Menagon Fully Race Ported Head with Large Valves
TII Roller Cam
2 Piece Intake with Large Throttle Body
Turbos Unleashed Header
Turbos Unleashed Braided Turbo Lines
Turbos Unleashed 2 Stage GLHS Computer
Turbos Unleashed T3/T04E TrannyBuster Hybrid Turbo 57 Trim w/.63ar
Tial 38mm External Wastegate
Tial 50mm Blow Off Valve
3" Exhaust Front to Back
Custom Front Mount Intercooler
Custom Intercooler Piping
Auto Meter Gauges
525/555 Transmission with AN ULTRA RARE SHELBY DIFF
McLeod RevLOK II Clutch
I was out trying to clean engine compartment by luming the electrical and found my EGT guage is un pluged and I do not know where it is suposed to be pluged in at. could this be the cause?

·
Administrator
25,739 Posts
Code 22 is coolant temp sensor circuit high/low.
Is the light on? If so you have a hard fault and the vehicle is in failure that is why the surge at idle.
With the key on/engine off disconnect the connector and probe the 2 terminals with a voltmeter, you should read 5 volts, if so replace the sensor, if not determine if the problem is in the 5 volt reference line or signal return line.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if not determine if the problem is in the 5 volt reference line or signal return line.
How would I do this? I am sure these are stupid questions but I am new to dealing with car electrical problems. I do have a volt meter, incase that is the next questions. thanks for the assistance.

·
Administrator
25,739 Posts
Lets not get ahead of ourselves.
Start by determining if the fault is voltage too low(below 1 volt) or voltage too high(above 4 volts), it will make a difference if the sensor is not at fault.
With the sensor connected and the key on,backprobe the 2 sensor terminals with your voltmeter and check the voltage reading,if it is low or high unplug the connector and see if you read 5 volts as I posted earlier, if so replace the sensor.
If the voltage reading is normal(see the voltage tables posted in the "engine management section") the problem is intermittant and is not present at this time.
If your reading is high or low and you do not have 5 volts present when probing the 2 terminals,post back weather the voltage was originally below 1 volt or above 4 volts.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At the black connector, the out connector, with red probe on blk/wht wire and the black probe on the grn wire i get a reading of 8.18 volts. with the volt meter set for 12v. on the grey connector, the in connector, red probe on wht and black probe on blu/pnk I get a reading of 0.01v when The grey connector is unpluged from the relay and I test the voltage I get a reading of 0.04v.

·
Administrator
25,739 Posts
The coolant temp sensor is a 2 wire connector in the head behind the thermostat.
The wire colors are Tan or Tan/White and Black/Light Blue.
See pic on bottom left.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts