Mileage: 161K
Modifications:
-91 TIII engine and electronics
-BC H-beam connecting rods
-030 Venolia forged pistons
-Cometic MLS headgasket and ARP head studs
-GCM heavily ported head
-FWD stage I cams
-2 Prototype Shelby 16V covers w/vented billet oil caps and 5/8" silicone oil hose
-Holset HE351CW turbo off 06 Cummins
-TU solid hub 4-Puck/Purple plate clutch
-Spearco 1080 FMIC w/custom stock I/C block off plate
-Devil's Own Progressive Methanol Injection System Direct Port W/ 4-10GPH Nozzles
-FWD 3BAR Cal with +40s and MAP and AFPR
-Koni shocks and struts and 2804 Eibach front springs/2" Eibach 450' coil-over rears
-PolyBushings poly engine and suspension mounts
-91 11" front/vented rear brake conversion w/Hawk pads
-Front strut tower bar/alum adj panhard bar
-AutoMeter Wideband,Digital EGT,45PSI Boost,Water temp,oil temp,and oil pressure gauges
-91 568 trans w/triple bronze fork pads,welded main shaft race,3.77FD,OBX lsd
-Full Mandrel bent 4" exhaust from turbo to tip(yes it fits with 2" rear coil-over setup)
-Re-painted full set of original ground effects

I purchased this 89 CSX from Cindy Lindsay in March of 2010 in Texas. I drove it home to WI and it sat in a corner of my shop in till spring of 2014. The reason for coming out of hibernation was the 25th anniversary of the 89 CSX-VNTs at SDAC-24. The event was very close so this car just had to be a part of it. The problem was it was in its stock form and I just cant let that happen. This car needed to be converted to the engine it SHOULD have come with from Shelby Automobiles. So I did just that(and then some) I built a 91 TIII engine and 568 trans out of a wrecked Spirit R/T. I also did some suspension and brakes upgrades that the car needed as well. The car was just completed in time and made a nice showing at the event. The final plan for this car is to be stripped back down and painted Bonzai Blue w/silver lettering and wheels like what the 90 CSX would have been. For now the car is very presentable with it factory paint so it will stay like this for the time being. Heres some pics of the car so far. I will get some underbody shots of it with the full 4" exhaust...

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
I am totally drooling on myself! Sooooo nice. Great attention to detail and I bet that mofo' is scary fast!

I gotta ask how you like the Holeset? Looks like it's a perfect, and real close fit.

·
Holset Booster
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am totally drooling on myself! Sooooo nice. Great attention to detail and I bet that mofo' is scary fast!

I gotta ask how you like the Holeset? Looks like it's a perfect, and real close fit.
Thank you! It runs very good and I havent ran it on high boost(40-43psi) since the last ride I gave a friend with the 225s on Fiberrides and it blew the tires away in 5th over 125 on the speedo....

Holset is alot of fun and likes big boost and RPM. The car went [email protected] at SDAC with no tuning done as I finished the car 2 days before the show. When I got home I found the waistegate puck was slightly open and got the methanol timing corrected and the car feels like it has another 100 hp from when it ran at SDAC.

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
"...and the car feels like it has another 100 hp from when it ran at SDAC"

Any idea how much power your getting at the wheels and what PSI you're having to run to get it? I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to know!
The car is simply awesome. I totally like the engine bay look, and the silver/blue is true to the Shelby brand...it even goes with the grey and logo'd interior. Good choices for complementary colors.

·
Holset Booster
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Based on my other car that has alot of the same parts I would say in the 580whp range at 43PSI. I really need to run it a few more times this spring im thinking its got 130+ mph traps in it now....

I went with the original silver and blue that the Pre-production Shelby 16V stuff was because im gonna paint the car blue and that would be one thing I dont have to change.

·
Registered
310 Posts
That's how it came from the 1994 Shelby Auction.
The Prototype 16v CSX Shadows used a different supplier for oil caps.
Someone said they were made in England for the early 1986-89 Lotus 16 Valve cars.

For the Spirit R/T , the oil cap hole changed....and they used a different style.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Ahh damn, I just dropped in a 2.5L T1 common block and am looking for ways to vent crankcase. Right now it's pushing oil out dipstick tube and oil cap because I don't have a PCV vent for the crankcase.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey I see my white Daytona parked behind it in one of the first pics!
n yes this car is stupid fast and scary. ive rode shotgun in this on 44psi and the green machine on 38psi cpl years prior.
this csx is crazy, the green machine lost traction at 100mph this one started tire spinning at 125mph like Jackson said, its nuts! I trust his engineering, builds and driving but it still scares ya n I refuse to get behind the wheel of either of these high psi cars, Im sweating bullets in the pass seat enough.
we both got lucky on some clean 89 csx cars, I got lower miles n all original, u got recaros, an extra 8vs and about 32 more psi lol.

·
Registered
34 Posts
:thumb: :eek: Wow this thing is amazing!! And it's the exact plans I have for my 89..... I won't copy you exactly though! I'll leave my paint red for now since I just barely spent over 100 hrs on the body work for it!

But T3 powered 89 CSX has always been my dream! Any special fab work to make it fit? Or was it pretty straight forward?

·
Registered
34 Posts
You still running stock intake and exhaust manifolds!? Ported?

Also who makes and what is a GCM Heavily Ported Head?

·
Holset Booster
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks! the TIII fits just fine in there,just use the 89 motor mounts and modify the 89 SBEC harness to use 91 Spirit R/T SBEC. All you really need is a 91 donor car and you will have everything you need...

GCM is just short for my local head porter guys shop. He does alot of TIII valvejobs and porting for me...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts