Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know what the 5/8" barb that is located in the center oil drain passage near the deck of the block is used for? My R/T has a VNT block and does not have this barb. Thanks, Adam.

· Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So with me haveing a vnt block there is no where for the crank presure to go? My problem is I am getting alot of oil in my catch can. How do you guys baffle the inside of the valve cover to reduce the oil in the catch can. Any other ideas would be helpful.
Thanks Adam

· Registered
4,693 Posts
How are you venting crank case pressure now? I've seen people use SOHC blocks and use the plug in the (vacated) distributor hole to relieve crank case pressure.

· Registered
4,693 Posts
Did you add the fitting in the valve cover for that yourself? What are you using to plug the dist hole? A breather filter coming off that hole would probably help a lot.

· Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much. I worked on the car all day, put the vent port in the dist hole. I took the rt for a ride and there is like no oil in the catch can at all. Thank you so much for your help, this made my day!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.