Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 85 GLH that I want to TII. It is a non turbo car 2.5tall block TBI now.

88 Omni engine harness - I saw you can convert it to TII status? Is this true and any information on how?

What all do I need to gather to do the swap? If the 88 TBI harness cant be converted what years and models will plug into the GLH dash bulkhead?

:)Thanks in advance:thumb:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a 85 GLH that I want to TII. It is a non turbo car 2.5tall block TBI now.

88 Omni engine harness - I saw you can convert it to TII status? Is this true and any information on how?

What all do I need to gather to do the swap? If the 88 TBI harness cant be converted what years and models will plug into the GLH dash bulkhead?

:)Thanks in advance:thumb:
get an easy button from staples. lol. don't know too much about the 88 and up harnesses. shouldn't be that hard. :thumb:

·
Registered
999 Posts
I'd go with '87 'tona electronics. It'll plug right in. I don't think the '88 TBI harness will work.
Use an '86 and up distributor. GLHS electronics could be used, but why? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
I wouldn't go with '87 electronics. That would through him back to the PCM and LM setup, more computers = more hassle with modifying the interior to have the LM and put a PCM back in the car. I would look for the 88/89 setup at least. Which I may have an extra 88/89 harness here in a few weeks for you, I am getting a few to swap a Daytona over to turbo.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Use that stuff. :) I suggested '87 electronics because they're more plentiful than GLHS, and you wanted something that would plug into the bulkhead. Just check the Mini-Mopar Resources page for the pinouts to see if the '85 harness is compatible with the GLHS computer. I know the dist. & HEP are different.

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Use that stuff. :) I suggested '87 electronics because they're more plentiful than GLHS, and you wanted something that would plug into the bulkhead. Just check the Mini-Mopar Resources page for the pinouts to see if the '85 harness is compatible with the GLHS computer. I know the dist. & HEP are different.
I will check out that site:nodding:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts