Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
zSHARE - rtnoise.avi

r/t was obtained by me about 13,000 prior to a rebuild. I don't know a whole lot about the rebuild. from what i was told, it threw a bearing and the crank got turned, oversized bearings were used and forged pistons were installed.

I havent yet rebuilt an engine, but i've done everything else. as such, I'm not exactly sure what the noise is.

my guess is that its a wrist pin. there is a loud tapping before the real noise comes in. im pretty sure the loud tapping is due to a cracked rocker arm (getting replaced) but the clacking towards the end of the clip when i rev it is the mystery sound.

thanks for playing.

· Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
oil pressure via the stock gauge always shows good and i do see oil coming from the rocker arm holes. i was planning to drop the pan tomorrow if i have time. thanks for the direction and if anyone else has anything to add, by all means, please do

· Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just to be clear:

The one in here has already been turned .020 and is gonna need turned again so I'd prefer a fresher crank.

anyone have a 2.2 crank for sale? (no balance shafts, fwd stg 3 cal ~325hp)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.