Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to order the timing belt kit for my tIII, but i got the 2.5 parts does anyone know where i can find these parts? (Timing Idler, Tensioner)

L

·
0 Posts
There really isnt a "kit" for the TIII motor. I would get the Gates "Italian built" belt P/N T206. As for the idler and tensioner,they are NS1 as in no longer availible. If yours are still usable I did a writeup of how to re-grease them in the TIII section. These belts are tricky and a must to do right so you might wanna read up on it or PM me for my phone# and I can walk you through it if you dont already know how. Good luck:thumb:

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Jackson, is there any way that the bearings can be pressed out of the pulleys? If you can get the numbers off of the bearings, and they press out, I'll bet it wouldn't be very difficult to get a replacement.

L

·
0 Posts
Sorry Paul its not that easy. The inner and outer part of the pulleys are actually the inner and outer races for the bearings. They can be taken apart as they have plastic bearing cages but you will destroy the metal slingers(outer dust shields) getting to them. I think my idea of drilling into them is the only way to "bring them back to life"

Its too bad you didnt have more time when you were at my shop as you would of been a TIII genius by the end of the night:D

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Thats what I figured. Its never that easy. Next step is to drill out the old bearing and then press one into there, so it becomes a removable bearing. You probably already thought of that. If you're able to keep it greased, it'll last forever. Get my email about that other Spirit R/T in Winona, MN?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts