Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Advance is the same way all SOHC parts. Look up lifters the Advance site uses the same part number for the 8 valve as they show for the 16 valve but says you need 16. Pretty funny stuff.
Tim

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Yup, I ordered a tensioner from Advance a few weeks ago. It showed up and, sure enough, it was the SOHC tensioner. Same thing happened at Checker.

·
Registered
670 Posts
thats for the sohc, stupid autozone will always give you a sohc part for the r/t everytime, even plug wires.
Sadly, I've experienced that before with the 16V plug wires. Went in with the old Taylor wires that were on the engine, and they looked at them like they were from another planet. :bash: AutoZone sux.... the only part they get right for the R/T engine is the oil pump. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ah well. i troll all the parts stores and I could swear that I hadn't seen one listed before. my bad. thanks.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I was just at autozone last week and they said that they don't have an upper radiator hose for the R/T. What is the part number for the one you got?
I've yet to find an upper rad hose for the R/T as well if anyone has a part number that'd be awesome!!:)

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
its not the parts store who makes the error, its the vendor who makes the part. the parts store relies on the vendor to accurately catalog the part.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts