Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Cindy sells one, but Rock Auto has a belt and Tensioner for $20.. I just want to make sure it is correct... So looking around I find that Melling has a listing for 2 part numbers... BT298 and BT192... My question is what one is the correct one??? Any help would be great... Mine makes a funny whinning or whurlling sound at idle from being used for so long at a low tension I guess.... Thanks for the help...

Rob Harley
301-305-7242

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I haven't looked into it, but I'd guess Rock Auto is gonna be like the auto parts stores and list the 8V parts for the Spirit R/T. Only part I've been able to get from parts stores that's 16V specific is a timing belt.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I just searched the Melling part number on O'Reilly's website and it's for the 8V motors.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Now I searched the other number you listed(BT298) and it list it fitting the 16V, but also just about every other 2.2 and 2.5 motor, and even some 2.4 motors! I pretty sure the 8V and 16V use different ones, so these are probably 8V tensioners, but I'm not sure about this one.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Is there a tensioner on the balance shaft chain? I can't remember, I've only removed one. The other part number also says chain tensioner on the O'reilly's site.

·
Holset Booster
3,536 Posts
I can 100% guarantee that its the wrong one. The only "correct" tensionors for the TIII is made be INA and the aftermarket one by Adam Lengel. The INA unit has been NS1 for some time and you will not find them stocked by anyone. They were a through Mopar part only unless you could somehow get ahold of INA in Great Britain and order a few hundred lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts