Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. So I have an 87 Daytona with a 2.5. Couple weeks ago the timing belt snapped while taking off from a streetlight. So got it towed home, ordered the belt, and started working on it this weekend. got the cam sprocket to where it needs to be, spun the crank to 0, and lined up the intermediate accordingly. Made sure distrib was pointing to the number one cylinder, and tensioned everything. Tried to start and it shot a flame ball outta my efi setup. Checked and rechecked everything, and the result has been the same. Am I forgetting something? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Edit/Delete Message

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the link. I've followed the instructions to the letter, and am i still having the same issues. I know the engine was rebuilt in its past, is it possible the the cam sprocket was installed wrong? How I can I verify that the tdc marking on the sprocket it true? Im at a lost for ideas, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Do you have compression? If so perhaps your are off 180 degrees on the cam?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Maybe show us pics of where everything is at on your timing when at TDC, and where the rotor is pointing. To verify that the oil pump and intermediate shaft are lined up right, get all the timing marks lined up at TDC. Then pull the distributor, the slot on the oil pump for the distributor should be parallel with the block.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts