Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my TIII running after 4 year. Does anyone know where I can get/ borrow the gage for setting the belt tension?:surprise:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Am I crazy. I don't see a indicator arm on these gages. Is it missing?

Another problem. I put a new clutch, throw out bearing and pressure plate in.
The petal in almost on the floor. I don't see any place for pedal adjustments.
The picture shows a similar setup, are the fingers suppose to be out further?

Attachments

·
Registered
13,440 Posts
Another problem. I put a new clutch, throw out bearing and pressure plate in.
The petal in almost on the floor. I don't see any place for pedal adjustments.
The picture shows a similar setup, are the fingers suppose to be out further?
Did you buy the clutch/throw out bearing/pressure plate new from a vendor?
Your clutch cable could be stretched.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, they were new. I bought them 3 years ago, ha.
I only have about 1/2 inch of pedal at the bottom.
The cable was fine with the old clutch, can they really stretch that much?

·
Administrator
24,120 Posts
With the cable disconnected do you have free play at the clutch fork?

Be sure the clutch cable is routed properly.

·
Super Moderator
11,683 Posts
looking at the pic above , sometimes when you disconnect the cable at the trans end , the cable can slip out of the grouve in the bellcrank at the top of the peddel assembely
this would definately cause a very low peddel as the cable would now be running over a much lower place or point beside the bellcrank than it's designed to so check the cable is actually running in it's correct location at the top of the bellcrank

·
Registered
393 Posts
The clutch pedal has a self adjuster to tighten the pedal plus gets the clutch cable to correct position/length.

I have had problem where the cable slips in the self adjuster located in the pedal assembly and the cable was not seated properly. You will have to make sure the cable on the pedal end is seated correctly. The clutch cable has to be in proper position at the pedal prior to installing the cable on the transmission clutch release lever /arm fork. I usually have someone hold the pedal up while the transmission side in installed

Also make sure the two grommets on the transmission side are installed property. The rubber grommet near the release lever arm fork and retainer is usually in pieces or really poor shape. This rubber grommet makes a big difference on the pedal feel also. Cindy at FWD carries and upgraded versions made of Polyurethane Clutch Arm/Fork Grommet Part Number: FWD 61-1285 $19.00. It's worth the 19 bucks

Hope this helps

Ron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts