Turbo Dodge Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1990 dodge Daytona
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Lol I’m pushing my junk in the garage tonight I’m gonna pull the trans and see what’s up I’ve driven the thing a week after it being apart for 6 months and it’s already broken fml

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
90 daytona 2.2/a568

On my way home about a quarter mile from my house I made a left hand turn and shifted from 1st to 2nd and felt a slight grind like if you missed a shift and then nothing at all I thought my cables popped off but I was just driving easy puttin my way home but the cables are attached and move fine just replaced the bushings and haven’t had a problem out of the trans aside from sometimes the throw out bearing being noisy i tried messing with the clutch lever and it seemed to get stuck up a little and I could feel the slack to the pedal but after pumping it a couple times it goes back to normal I guess but I can feel the gears popping In and out I think the clutch isn’t engaging and maybe the pressure plate is messed up i was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before

Thanks
Steve

Had the same thing happen to me a few years back. The center clutch springs broke off. I had about 110k original miles. Trans never off. Guy who did it said my pressure plate looked brand new. Replaced clutch assy and off again.

·
Registered
1990 dodge Daytona
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sorry shadow I haven’t been able to get around to it new job plus the kids I’m hoping soon I will put up pics when I get around to it I need this thing running so I can data log for some other issues I’ve been having with it and sdac30 is in my home town this year so I got to be ready for that

·
Registered
1990 dodge Daytona
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Update: I pulled the shift selector to make sure roll pin wasn’t sheered and I also double checked the axles. I’ve been fairly busy with the new baby and am just finding time to work on the car now I’m going to order a clutch this week and remove the trans

·
Registered
1990 dodge Daytona
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Update: As I kinda guessed the hub broke off the clutch it’s self so bummer gonna grab a t2/t3 clutch from turbos unleashed the clutch and flywheel were like new only a couple hundred miles.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Who's disk and PP was that? Running solid (non sprung) disk on the street, your hardcore (lol). With that low of miles on it, that seems very unusual to say the least. You can see how all eight holes were ovaled before they broke apart. Feel your pain...

·
Registered
1990 dodge Daytona
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I was told it was a turbos unleashed set up but others have said they have never seen a gold pressure plate from them it was in the car when I bought it haha but it actually felt great just chattered at idle sometimes

21 - 31 of 31 Posts