Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first inspiration to start modifying Spirits from this page hemiturbo's 1989 Dodge Spirit on CarDomain - Page 10 over at cardomain. Everything from the Viper emblems and "Rattlesnake" lettering to the custom built suspension made me drool. What got me most was the NASCAR style boom tube side exit exhaust. I decided from the start when I tear down my TBI Spirit, that's the exhaust I wanted. The only thing I didn't like about it was it exited on one side only. Why not both sides I thought. That would look even better and more proportional. Maybe a little overdone for pipe size, but that's ok I guess. I realize fuel and brake lines are in the way, but I could rework that somehow. Of course if I had the cash, I could just convert to RWD and drop a hemi with true duel exhaust in it. That might solve the fuel/brake line issue. The other thing was side skirts. Unfortunately, I didn't care for the hack job done on them. Any ideas on how to clean that up a bit? I'd like it if the cut out was cleaner and more free flowing. Just some ideas I'd like to keep for future reference.:cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts