Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined this site after picking up a 2.5l turbo and auto trans for 150 bux. Now i don't know what i wanna slap it in. I've always wanted a woody caravan. But i found a roller GLH for 400 bux. Any suggestions?

·
Banned
0 Posts
well.. both are on the rare side.. how much is the van or do you already have it? and why not both :thumb:? But in all honesty I would get more use out of the van and I'm a definite fan of the wood mobiles.. so it's really up to what you want to use it for.. the omni is lighter and inevitably would be faster, the van has more room and could be used to haul the omni home to drop something else into it :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well as of now i have neither. I just saw the parts for cheap so i picked them up. Now i need to decide what to do. I reallllllly want a woody van parts runner to blow off 12's with. but at the same time id love a GLH. Ahhhhh maybe i'll just drop in in my ramcharger. Yea, uhh that would work...:bang head

·
Banned
0 Posts
lmao, yeah it's a tuff choice man.. I personally love both.. I have a T&C woody.. and that car is my baby! it doesn't run and needs an overhaul.. sadly I'm no mechanic so i'll figure it out somehow :) but I'm a fan of all the odd ball TD's.. Omni, wagon, van, rampage.. I still think you should pick up both lol :thumb:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good, i'll just buy them all. haha I'm new to the turbo scene so i'll probably be reading up before i make any kinda move. Anyone have a resource where i can look up the numbers on my block and trans to find out exactly what i have? I see all the tech sections and have no idea where i could be posting stuff about a 2.5l with no mo-bile. haha damn new guys...

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
I've got a woody voyager and I'm in the process of doin a few mods to it. the down side to having a van is that it takes a bit more to get the faster quarter mile time. thats the trouble I'm runnin into anyways.

You could always build your motor an a stand so you can do it right the first time and have the extra time to do it on a budget.
What year is the motor and trans?

·
Premium Member
10,179 Posts
The 2.5T would be from 89-93 (91 is the last year the 2.5T was in production in large quantities)

There should be a date stamped on the block, near the bottom IIRC, also the trans should have a tag on top of it, which would tell what exactly it is.

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
89 2.5 t1 is a good torquey motor in a bigger vehicle. In a GLH, they tend to be too torquey for that light of a car and people have problems hooking with them. However a GLH that cheap is tempting and with an 89 mini harness and computer they are almost a straight swap harness minus a couple minor wiring changes. And a stock 2.5t auto with the mitsu in a GLH is pretty darned quick.
However 12's means a whole lot of rebuilding, beefing up and porting on the top end with a good set up tune. MUCH easier to do in a GLH forsure. Put the same mods on a van to run low 14's and run low 13's high 12's in the GLH. Do you want the woody van for the wow factor or the utility option? Because the GLH has it's own wow factor as well. What's your budget?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was told the engine and trans both were out of an 89 but i'm going to check as soon as i stop living at work. I want a van for both the utility and wow factors. Plus my GF said she wouldn't ride in one with me if i built one :woot woot: As for my budget, thats between 3-5k minus the vehicle. And that also depend on what i can sell haha. I'll get pictures as soon as i can, works got me on a short leash right now so i'm gonna hope the weekend permits me to let me get out to get some pictures of what i'm working with. Thanx all!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts