Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone tell me if the Cruiser is a good tow vehicle? Or their experiences towing with a Cruiser. I was thinking of towing an ATv with a Featherlite trailer.

Thanks

·
Registered
254 Posts
I believe the book say it'll tow 1,000 lbs.

·
Registered
12,917 Posts
The hitch makes a difference too... Its worth spending a little more to get a better hitches.. I had a couple of hitches on an old Buick. The better attached to the frame near the rear wheels

·
Registered
17,456 Posts
Indeed- the PT is rated for CLASS 1 towing- (actually LESS than Class 1 which is 2,000 pounds, 200 pound tounge weight). The PT is rated for 1,000/100. The GT - ?? check the manual, last I knew, it was NOT recommended for turbos to tow anything.

I have a small wood traler, towed about 400-500 pounds once, even being lowered, it towed FINE. I think the aerodynamics of the roof line help with the flow of air.

I posted do-it-yourself install. instructions on http://www.ptdiy.net

Any Q's?? Just ask.

Sean

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have a custom 4 x 6 foot trailer that weights 350 lbs and I haul my wifes electric scooter - another 200-250 lbs - and I don't even know they are back there! I had a "Hidden Hitch" installed and with the cover on it when it isn't being used you really have to look to see it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts