Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this car from amcpacer about 2 months ago and haven't driven it a whole lot. 2 weeks ago I ran into a strange electrical problem.. the car bucks and loses power when you put too much load on the motor. I'm horrible with electrical stuff and I just don't think I can deal with it.

Its got a lot of mods and when it ran right, it ran really well and very strong. I'm looking for something with a little less power and a little closer to stock. I'm also kinda wanting to get out of sporty cars... looking for like a Shadow or something like that.

I bought the car for $2000 and I figure this electrical problem can't be *that* hard to fix if the person knows what they're doing.

I figure with the mods and all of the stuff on the car, its at least worth a stock TD...

Anyone?

Original Ad by amcpacer: (only things changed since then are HEP and coil)

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f7/f30/139958-86-turbo-z-f-s-2-a.html

Edit: I don't necessarily *need* to trade... I'm willing to accept an offer to buy it since there're a couple of TDs around here for sale.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its too much for me to handle. I need something less powerful and more practical..

I'm a college student that tends to be the taxi service around here and I can really only fit one other person in the daytona.

I'm sure its easy to fix... but I'd just rather have a bigger TD

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
wow thats a waste. i wouldnt be taxi to anybody with my Tds. good luck, you wont find one like it again that car has more work and time into than the price was. Get a mini, somebody may want to trade for a turbo minivan or a n/a min, that would be economical and hold a lot of ppl

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's why I'm looking to give it to someone that would put it to better use. I need a daily driver that comfortably seats 4 and will make the 100 mile trip from here to Portland almost every weekend.

This car isn't *my* ideal daily drive because it has got SO MUCH power :( I love the power, but I feel like I'm robbing the car of its potential by reducing it to a home to school and back driver.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Check the ground strap (braided looking thing) behind the firewall atthe rear of the intake manifold on the pass side.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow thats a waste. i wouldnt be taxi to anybody with my Tds. good luck, you wont find one like it again that car has more work and time into than the price was. Get a mini, somebody may want to trade for a turbo minivan or a n/a min, that would be economical and hold a lot of ppl
A turbo mini would be pretty awesome, I've gotta say :)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Sorry if I am hijacking the thread, but is that overhead information center that is in the picture stock? I don't ever remember seeing one like that in a Daytona/Laser. If it is not, what is it out of? Thanks.

Could this be considered a free bump??? lol.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey that is my old car. I am sad to see you are getting rid of it. Remember I told you that I would help you fix any problems you might encounter. I wish I had the money right now because I would buy the car back. Regarding your electrical troubles it sounds like the black wire ground from the Logic Module may have a bad ground at the fuel rail. It is on the passenger side bolt for the fuel rail. Check it and make sure it is connected and in good condition.

The Air/Fuel gauge in the overhead console was custom built by me. I took an overhead console from a late model Imperial and gutted it out and installed my own A/F gauge. It is self dimming also. It gives a bar graph in addition to a numeric fuel ratio by weight ex. (12.8:1).

If you want to sell the car PM me I may be interested in getting it back but I have no un-modified cars to trade you so that probably would not work. At least get it working again before you trade or sell it because it will be worth so much more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts