Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to my car this morning, and my transmission is stuck in drive.

its a 93 shadow 2.5 automatic.

It doesnt care what the shifter says, it could be in park,reverse whatever, and it still goes forward. We took the center console off, and I think that the mechanism came unhooked, that pulls the cable that goes to the transmission.

I dont know whats wrong with it.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Does it go forward in reverse or does it feel like it is in gear and won't move.
Tim

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it feels like its in gear, and it doesnt move.

It pulls the engine down, literally, pulls it down, instead of going up when in drive.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I'm still a little cloudy on its operation but my question was to try to figure out if the forward clutch welded the discs to the steels. If that happens it will drive in all forward gears and nuetral. but bind up and not move in reverse and park.
Tim

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
yes that would help confirm you toasted the forward clutch.
Tim

·
Registered
3,672 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Park- Goes forward or parks, cant remember
Reverse- Doesnt move
Neutral - Goes Forward
Drive- Nothing
2- forward
1- Forward

All forward, no reverse.

If its gonna be time consuming, or more than $500, I am just gonna sell it to the junkyard, Cause I need a car, right now.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Throw a 5spd stick in it. Should be done in about 10hrs.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well when I get home, I am gonna check the fluid level, cause this has happened before, and I put fluid in, and it worked.

HOPEFULLY, this will work so I can just friggin sell it.

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
you broke it real good, now it's titsup busted. ain't no easy fixing that one. it'll cost you a bunch to have it fixed. might as well junk the thing since scrap is way up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts