Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The traveller is now not working after having my trans replaced. The guy at the shop says it's probably a fuse. Which one is it? :(

·
Registered
401 Posts
TurboZombie said:
The traveller is now not working after having my trans replaced. The guy at the shop says it's probably a fuse. Which one is it? :(
Usually same fuse as cigarette lighter, other dashboard items.

I've had the fuse blow on me when plugging things into the lighter.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked the fuses and it's all good, what else could it be? I had my trans swapped out and after that I noticed when I picked the car up it wasn't working. The guy who did the swap knows nothing about it and will not even look at it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Not sure how this relates to the traveller, but if it was a manual trans, make damn sure he reconnected the brown ground wire to the tranny bolt. It's under the airbox on the starter side. This wire must be grounded for proper computer operation, without that the car will intermittently not start.

This is a very common mistake made by mechanics unfamiliar with the car when they change the clutch.

Other than checking the fuses the only thing I can suggest you do is power the unit directly from a battery or a benchtop power supply. Perhaps plug it into someone elses car if possible. Perhaps check to see if the connector on the back of the unit is still firmly in place, also check the ground wire.

Have a look around the engine bay for ground wires that he might not have reconnected. Intake to firewall is commonly forgotten, the ground wire near the thermostat housing, and I believe there is one in each fender.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm, I also forgot to mention that my rad fan was not working either when I went to pickup the car, is there a wiring harness that the traveller and rad fan are connected to somewhere under the hood? It is a 3spd auto trans, so not sure if there is a wire that needs to connected?

·
Registered
401 Posts
If it's auto, then disregard my comment about the brown wire. On an auto that is wired to the neutral safety switch.

Pull the connector out of the coolant temperature sensor in the thermostat housing while the car is running. Does the fan come on? It should.

It sounds like you have a failed power circuit somewhere. Check all of the accessories (horn, wipers, lights & blinkers, power stuff, etc.) and see if any other features have failed. It may provide a clue as to which circuit is affected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts