Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*sorry for the large images, the site wouldn't yet allow URL post*

Ok, I been working on a turbo setup for about 3 years now... the turbo has been sitting (due to time and money)

I originally bought this being told it is a Garrett T3/T04B turbo 50 Trim with a .48 A/R turbine housing

The face of the compressor housing says "Garrett "M-24" "RC" "A/R .50"

The inlet is 3" and the outlet is 2" with ".50" stamped in it

Here are pictures of the turbine and compressor wheels:

The turbine housing does not use a standard T3 outlet flange, from what I was told its supposed to be one from a AMG / Mercedes with what looks like "M-3 PT-1" in the wastegate housing:

I was going to have an inturnal wastegate but the setup did not fit so it was converted to exturnal (with a Tial 38mm WG) with custom downpipe flange from 42 Draft Designs

couple of other pictures:

I am trying to find out what I can about this turbo and what to expect from it

if more pictures or information is needed, please let me know and I will do the best I can to answer the request

thanks in advance

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know that kit.... it's from Street Source 01

That is a T3/T04B for sure (B's have 8 blades, E's 6 and 60-1 has 7) NOT at .50 (T04E) trim. My guess is that it is a V trim wheel. The exhaust wheel is uber tiny, I'm guessing stage 1..... maybe 2. The housing is a .50 A/R which is kinda rare for a B (.60 most common) and barely bigger than a T3.

That combination is going to surge itself to death.....

The really small turbine section is going to cause instant spool, but it will spool right into the compressor surge zone..... B wheel maps lean heavily to the right.

I'm not being pessimistic, I'm being honest.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so is this turbo going to be ok to run down the highway with?

what is the max psi capable of this turbo?

max power output?

I am going to guess you are using the same user name from neons.org and yeah its a streetsource.net kit

is this going to be worth installing (the whole turbo install has just been something I wanted to learn to do for a long while)

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Measure the compressor wheel It looks like it might be the crappy s trim wheel and you need to ditch the .48 turbine housing for a .63 or your gonna be limited to less than 300 hp no matter what compressor is on there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a to4b V-trim good for almost 350hp at 25psi+. A friend of mine made 210hp at 10psi on that in a 89 prelude 2.1 non-vtec.
how can you tell its a v-trim?

also where can I find out more about the different type of trims for this turbo?

kinda sad that high of boost and only that much power... I have other supporting mods for my SOHC Neon and was hoping for at least 200hp with 7psi of boost (using Tial 38mm wastegate) until I get a built bottom end

again thanks to everyone for the help

·
Registered
18 Posts
looking aty the compressor size its about the same size (small). I went thru 5 of the turbos getting them for $200 a piece. I dont know if anyone knows but a company names ludespeed made a turbo kit for the 89-91 prelude that was based around a turbo dodge turbine housing (offset flange) and that is the upgraded turbo sold with the kit. From what i was told that is a GN compressor wheel with a stg-1 turbine wheel. BUt i can tell you for sure that he made 210hp at 10-11psi on a built bottom end 2.1 with wisco 9.0:1 pistons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts