Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my TU custom cal. I'm doing my own custom cals now, and can't return this thing for any credit towards something more useful, so I thought I'd offer it up and see if anyone wants it. Comes with a socketted SMEC.
So it's a SMEC cal, your car will need to be wired for a SMEC to use this, that's normally '88 or '89, but many have swapped SMEC harnesses into other years..
About the cal, it's for a 2.5L with a G head and TII Garrett turbo. I have an NPR intercooler. This cal was dyno tuned up to about 14psi, above that is a bit rich.
Off boost throttle response and power are unbelievable. I can't even match it with my custom cal and a swirl head back on that engine. Really really nice.
Anyways, more about the cal, it's 10psi at part throttle, full throttle gets 16psi on the low boost setting, 23psi on the high boost setting (pretty much full tilt from the TII turbo if you have a big can actuator). It's obviously a 3bar cal, so you'll need a 3bar map sensor. And it's setup to use +40's. My +40's flowed more like +45's, if you buy +40's new nowadays, they should flow the same, otherwise you may need to turn the fuel pressure up a bit, maybe 60-65psi base pressure, no biggie. Other than that the cal shouldn't need an AFPR, I didn't have one.

Two things to note: I'm selling this cal as-is, I'll guarantee it's not DOA, but I won't guarantee that it's going to purr like a kitten on your engine. Second thing is, TU will not recognize you as the owner of that cal, so you can't just mail them the chip and $45 and get a recal, like an original purchaser could.

All that in mind, I think my price will be reasonable. I think this cal is light years ahead of a Super60 computer, which people seem to buy all the time.
TU sells this cal for $185, plus the $50 I paid to have it dyno tuned (plus like $80 an hour for the time on the dyno).
I only want $85 for it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
PM'd you! Dibs on the cal :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts