Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know the name of the part, it comes off the waste gate, about a 3/4" thick tube. The turbo unit and attached parts i bought had it broke off and i cannot get mine apart. If fact i stripped / twisted it out of the new unit bought. Can anyone tell me what this part is called, where i can buy another, do i really need it, or can i just fill in the now stripped hole in my exhaust flange / wastegate??

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,975 Posts
got a pic?? where on the turbo does it live?? your description isnt drawing a good mental picture.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
i think he talking about the EGR tube on the Turbo 1 setup, if you dont have emissions in your area then you dont need it

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have diagram of the Turbo 1 units complete with exhaust parts?
Has anyone deleted theirs?

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
is the tube coming from the swing valve to the side of the throttle body inlet tube

and is this the 600 in your avatar and does it have the Turbo 1

·
Super Moderator
6,975 Posts
i think your right adam, yes you can just block off the ports where the pipes connect if you dont have emissions where you live.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i found my 85 t1 ran like crap before i found the tube was cracked at the egr side then got a tube from maybe a late 80s different shape but still fit both ends and ran like a charm. needed to dremel the exh side threads out to remove the B nut, but if others found closing it off completly and it ran ok then go for it.

·
Administrator
10,179 Posts
Yea, the EGR usually wont affect the performance of your car, as long as you properly seal both ends up so they dont leak (loud exhaust leak, and bad driveability from excess air intake from the EGR intake tube)

If you have any e-testing, especially visual inspections, replace it, otherwise they will probably fine you for modifications. Some states are worse than others.

IDK how bad MI is on e-tests, Indiana they dont really care.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i would like to thank everyone whom chimmed in to help me. EKIMGB if you have a part you are willing to part with let me know how to acquire it from you. i would love to replace and keep it simple. if not i will block it off and try with our. No guts No glory. words from our brother Mr. Shelby

1 - 11 of 11 Posts