Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuning Mega squirt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pat and I were setting up the mega squirt in the rampage tonight and it is running really good had the holset up to 23 psi. 80klms an hour tires were going 120 or so according to the data recorder and it was still pulling hard. The pelequin diff works real nice left about 1/8 mile of posi rubber on the road and that was from a 20mph roll.
But on the last trip around the block a spirited shift into third I think left me with a broken input shaft. I'll probably pull the trans out monday night.

· Registered
2,028 Posts
A stock TD input shaft? I know Steve Lockett said that he normally would break them on the 2-3 shift, he said keeping the Line pressure lower helps(he normally is talking about the lockup shaft but should apply to the non lockup shaft also). But if its slipping you have to do something. I know he does amazing heat treating that makes parts live longer.

· Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'm using one chads v/bodies shifts really hard into 3rd. didn't notice it slipping with the turbo action just big flare between 2-3 which is gone now. Steve if you read this give me the heads up on what to do to a stocker . I want to race it next weekend.

· Registered
2,028 Posts
whats your line pressure? Steve said 135 max for the stockish input shafts, and I think that is after he heat treats them. On Carl's page it tells basically how he polishes it and heats it, though I'm sure he has other tricks up his sleeve

· Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shaft broke shortly after shift into third. Then it flared to 7800 before I got out of it says the data recording from MS. Car was pulling very nicely and very very smooth power. Holset was working real nice spools great!

My line pressure spring is turned up about4-5 threads from minimum I'll back it off as far as I can. And polish the new shaft and put it in the oven I guess.
I don't want to fork out for the 904 shaft if I can help it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.