Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,I'm looking to purchase a .63 stage 3 turbine housing from another member here,and have a question regarding the "stage 3" casting.I have only read about different stage turbine wheels and not housings,so was wondering if somebody could tell me if a standard garret T3 wheel would run with this housing?

My engine is being built as 2.5,neon head,ford cfi v6 injectors,afpr,.60 ford compressor,stock 89 auto cal,cut down bus intercooler (60 series detroit),stratus intake and tb,3" exhaust,and is going into my 5speed converted minivan.

I know I have a strange combo of parts going on here,but I'm not trying for huge horsepower,just a fun street driven,somewhat cheap project,and was hoping the above mentioned housing would really help me.What do you guy's think? Scott.

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
whywoody said:
Hi there,I'm looking to purchase a .63 stage 3 turbine housing from another member here,and have a question regarding the "stage 3" casting.I have only read about different stage turbine wheels and not housings,so was wondering if somebody could tell me if a standard garret T3 wheel would run with this housing?

My engine is being built as 2.5,neon head,ford cfi v6 injectors,afpr,.60 ford compressor,stock 89 auto cal,cut down bus intercooler (60 series detroit),stratus intake and tb,3" exhaust,and is going into my 5speed converted minivan.

I know I have a strange combo of parts going on here,but I'm not trying for huge horsepower,just a fun street driven,somewhat cheap project,and was hoping the above mentioned housing would really help me.What do you guy's think? Scott.
Standard Garrett T3 turbos use a Stage 1 turbine wheel. The Stage 3 turbine wheel is much larger so the S3 turbine housings are machined with a bigger hole. In order for the turbine wheel to capture all of the exhaust's energy the Stage turbine wheel MUST match the Stage turbine housing you are using.

Chris-TU

·
Registered
345 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, all a stage 3 turbine is is a stage 1 turbine that has been machined for the larger wheel. So, if you have a stage 1 turbine housing and a stage 3 wheel, you could have somebody machine the housing for the larger wheel.

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
Jckrieger said:
If I'm not mistaken, all a stage 3 turbine is is a stage 1 turbine that has been machined for the larger wheel. So, if you have a stage 1 turbine housing and a stage 3 wheel, you could have somebody machine the housing for the larger wheel.
Absolutely right Jack. In this case however, he has a stage 1 wheel and stage 3 housing so he would have to obtain a stage 3 wheel to make it work.

Chris-TU

1 - 6 of 6 Posts