Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this. any help is appreciate it, I need to know what turbo I can use what manifold will it fit and any other upgrade I'm gonna need to make this work

·
Registered
66 Posts
Is that a factory setup from south of the border or a project of your own making, either way I like.

·
Registered
348 Posts
So...You could get a turbo Stratus in Mexico but not in the US?
Yeap... I live in Mexico, and here is easy to find one stratus turbo, but I know that in the US you wont see any.

What kind of horsepower did the Stratus come with from the factory?
My car (2001 to 2004-) has 215 SAE HP, and the next 2gen (2004+ to 2006) has 225hps... but its identical to the SRT engine, the only diference with the Stratus and the SRT is the tranny and the ECM.

Check this topic for more info: http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f1/f25/124192-phantoms.html#post1024442

Tony.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If the turbo R/T would have been available here I probably talked my wife out of the Mazda 6 she bought.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nop ... the MTX tranny is only for the N/A version.... the R/T version (turbo) has a 4 speed Automatic tranny with autostick.
So what are the main differences between your stratus and mine and how hard woud adding the turbo be, can I just change the manifolds and ecm?

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
If the turbo R/T would have been available here I probably talked my wife out of the Mazda 6 she bought.

They sold it at the same time as the SRT 4 and PT turbo and the stratus came with the new 2.4 turbo after 02'. The Stratus unlike the SRT and PT came with a slightly different turbo that was the sdame size. The early 2.4 rules. Forged Mahle pistons and forged floating rods and steel crank equal to the T3 engine. It even came with a sweet exhaust manifold that had a standard T3 turbine bolt pattern, I bought 2 of these lol. Mexicans love Dodges and Dodge rewards them for it. They even got the 4500, 5500 and 6500 class trucks up into the 90s with the ram body style. I have a dream to go buy a 99 6 speed 6500 someday and bring it home for work. Much of Mexico is very high altitude and they need turbos, Dodge has then sold a turbo since 84 in Mexico.:thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts