Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a boost adjustment on my t1 mitsu and im sure i have it adjusted all the way down, but it cuts out because it is over boosting ....especially in
2nd....any help??

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Do you have the stock exhaust on it? If not how big of an exhaust do you have? Are you sure you are adjusting the boost controller the right way?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Yeah, you're going to overboost with a 3" exhaust on a Mitsu turbo. I haven't had to deal with one yet, so someone else should chime in to help you eliminate it. It's just that its a really small turbo and opening the exhaust like that really reduces its spool time, plus the wastegate isn't big enough to control it with the 3"

·
Registered
239 Posts
It still may be able to overboost with the wastegate spring alone if you have enough flow thru the motor.

Even if you have a boost controller, you cant subtract from the spring. If you have an 8psi spring in it (I dont remember what the mitsu has) thats as low as you can go with the boost controller.

The Spirit was running 15psi with only the exhaust cut off and no other modifications, so its very possible.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You could put a zenor diod in mapsensor. Better yet go with a 3-bar cal and all nessacary componets. That way you won't smoke the engine. I run fwd's stage five cal on my 89csx. Ran 12.923 with a best speed of 113 last summer at bir. That was on bfg drag radials and 2.2 60ft times 20#s of boost on stock block.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi barry, sounds good but i'm real dumb when it comes to this stuff, i'm still learning. good thing you live so close to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts