Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year ago I built a sandrail based off a volkswagen bug for a school project. The engine i used is a t2. I havent really worked on these engines much or know much about so if i sound like a retard im sorry. I dont have a engine harness or computer to use the factory fuel injection. I was planning on using a carbed intake and carb from the older cars. My question is, what sort of ignition should I use. If you have any suggestions please let me know. This thing has been sitting for too long and I want to get it running.

Thanks
Wes

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
Dont carb the thing. Is it still turbo??? Just find yourself a harness and a computer that fit the year the motor is from the forsale section.

·
Registered
768 Posts
^^agreed. I think that you will have way more headaches trying to turbo and use carbs. I think that you will have a much better running car if you go with injection

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I tried that when i first started the build and the guy i bought the harness from on here, screwed me over and never sent me the harness and computer. the only problem i have with the harness and computer is i know nothing about electronics and wiring. I know I can learn it but i already know carbs. I also wasnt planning on turboing the engine right now because i dont have a turbo and the tranny im using would not handle the power of the engine with a turbo. So that means even more money to spend on a tranny that will support the power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts