Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im trying to put my daytona back together but i noticed there was no gasket between the mani and the turbo and the same goes for the turbo to the o2 houseing... what gives? i called up dodge asking for the turbo gaskets and they said they dont see any such listing... do you guys use gaskets? and if so where did you get them? or did you make them? i need help asap cuz my tags expire on the 10th and i havent gotten her running yet cuz of this lil detail.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you can use wheel bearing gease. Once it goes threw a few heat cycle's the gease will crystalize forming a seal(just like a gasket):thumb:
sweet... i was just gonna cut a gasket out of sheet metal... but if i dont have too then hell yeahs. :p thanks for the info. this has been bugging me for a lil while now.

-bob

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
sweet... i was just gonna cut a gasket out of sheet metal... but if i dont have too then hell yeahs. :p thanks for the info. this has been bugging me for a lil while now.

-bob
the sheet metal would have probably caused a leak lol. Glad I was able to share what i've learned:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the sheet metal would have probably caused a leak lol. Glad I was able to share what i've learned:)
yeah i thought it mite leak as well... i was looking for a sheet of copper but i couldnt find one Anywhere! so i settled for steal lol... i mean dsm's use steal sheet metal gaskets for there turbos so i figured why not? :p

·
Premium Member
9,110 Posts
I use the tan stuff myself ;)

just make sure both surfaces are FLAT ; run a flat file over them to knock down any high spots ; then apply a moderat layer of grease to both surfaces ; don't Overtorque ! use hi-temp antiseize on all bolts liberally

I hereby nominate this topic as "the most often asked ? in the Engine - Turbo forum" ; maybe it should be a sticky or FAQ (if it isnt already ;) )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts