Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 85 omni turbo for 400 bucks even came with a HUGE stack of receipts from the day it was born till now. the parts from the air filter to the turbo was taken off and im left with the parts in a box . its a turbo I i would some day like to convert it to a turbo II but for now id like to just get it running and driving. can someone attach a photo of the configuration from air box to throttle body to the turbo or explain the layout for me? much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,105 Posts
check the Gallery on this site for photos;
do a google search for "omni glh engine" and select the 'Images' tab;
also the parts diagrams are available here , the links are on a 'sticky' thred, search fpr parts fiche

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
been searching up and down and still without a complete understanding would appreciate a little enlightenment thanks!

·
Banned
7,664 Posts
There is a bracket under the airbox that holds it to the side of the cylinder head. The bracket bolts to the head with two bolts. I think it is a two piece bracket on the early L-body cars, so one side of the bracket is attached to the airbox, the other side of the bracket is bolted to the head, and the two brackets are joined with some 10mm head hex bolts/nuts.

Looks something like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
any chance you could explain the elbow configuration down to the turbo? I really appreciate the pictures and your time!

·
Banned
7,664 Posts
On a TI car there is no elbow down to the turbo. The air passes through the air cleaner housing and travels down the tube to the throttle body, passes through the throttle body and then in to the intake of the turbo. From the turbo it exits the snail/compressor housing and is pushed up into the intake manifold.

Air passes through the air cleaner housing on its way to the turbo intake.

Air enters the throttle body after passing through the air cleaner hosing and traveling down through the tube and air horn

Air is compressed in the turbo compressor housing and then exits on its way to the intake manifold

The intake and throttle body are connected to the turbo with a silicone hose that looks like this...

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you for all your help. got her up and running today. now I'm going to address the vacuum lines!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts