Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years back I had a 86 turbo z, a friend gave me the computer that goes buy the passengers right foot and it turned my my boost up to 14lbs or so. It was great now I'm looking for that computer again and part number and were to get it. For my 86 laser turbo. Thanks u guys have helped me aot in the past few months

·
Premium Member
6,975 Posts
that computer(logic module) is available from fwd performance or you can get one from boostbutton.com both places can and will help you get what you want.

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
that computer(logic module) is available from fwd performance or you can get one from boostbutton.com both places can and will help you get what you want.
i am growing fond of boost button the guy i talked to is a stand up guy!

here is the link to his site but i dont think he does 86 computers i have asked about making a custom cal but not a stock style cal. but you can look, :D
click me for boostbutton

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The logic mod was a shelby computer ???? Maybe??? The one I accidently sold with the car. I just saw on ur forum board the part numbers, can I run a intercooler logic mod on a non intercooled engine? Its a racecare that is only raced on frozen lakes during the winter. So its always cold. I'm already getting 10lbs on the factory logic mod

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
i am growing fond of boost button the guy i talked to is a stand up guy!

here is the link to his site but i dont think he does 86 computers i have asked about making a custom cal but not a stock style cal. but you can look, :D
click me for boostbutton
Yeah, I don't do the '86 computers. I only go back to the '87 LM (and only the non l-body LM's at that). The earlier LM's don't have the precise timing that the later ones do so they will not be as accurate in fuel and timing as an '87. Plus, it's only a couple of wires to swap/add to upgrade to the '87 LM.

Thanks for the plugs guys :thumb:

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
soooo if you have a flashable SMEC in one car and a flashable SBEC in another car can you use the same cable and move back and forth?

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Turbomini you are correct SHELL-GAME is a straight guy. With programers like than, I's not a 'job' it's a passion! I know, I was a programmer for 16 years. Event wrote the disk drive operating system for Commodore on a project called C-65.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
soooo if you have a flashable SMEC in one car and a flashable SBEC in another car can you use the same cable and move back and forth?
If it's my cable, yes.

The SBEC's boot strap over the Rx line on the SCI. I basically add a small board to the end of an off-the-shelf FTDI USB cable that has the protection circuit for the FTDI chip in it so that it doesn't see the 12V when the boot switch is pressed (that would fry the FTDI chip). It also has the correct pinout for the SCI so there's no guessing which wire goes where.

Here's a pic of my cable -

This extra boot wire doesn't do anything on the SMEC's. You have to add a wire to the 60-way connector to bootstrap them for flashing.

Other than that little difference, the cable operation is the same on both the SMEC and SBEC (and SBECII for that matter).

Of course, if you're only flashing a SMEC, you could use an off-the-shelf FTDI cable ($18 at SparkFun.com) instead of mine - as long as you know which wires go where on the SCI plug.

The cable can also be used for datalogging on any Chrysler ECU with an SCI port (LM, SMEC, SBEC, SBECII).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts