Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
egads, i bought a new pair today, and they're slightly bigger, but i started putting them on, and i cannot seem to be able to get them so i can bolt them up, it's like they're about an inch and a bit too long, and too stiff to push in by my lonesome, can anyone help me out here? any solution?

· Banned
1,701 Posts
egads, i bought a new pair today, and they're slightly bigger, but i started putting them on, and i cannot seem to be able to get them so i can bolt them up, it's like they're about an inch and a bit too long, and too stiff to push in by my lonesome, can anyone help me out here? any solution?
prop the hatch up as far as you can (shovel handle, stick, 2x4 what ever)

bolt the end at tha body, then using your muscles push in and quickly attach the bolt at the hatch. that's what I do. if you are muscle deficient, you might need assistance. or you should at least verify you have the right ones since you state they are an 1" longer than the old ones. goodness knows that parts stores never give people the wrong parts. go online to the parts store you got the new ones from and punch in your vehicle information and see if that jives with what you got.

· Banned
1,701 Posts
that don't necessarrily mean they are wrong, do what I told you, go to parts store web and VERIFY there may have been a design change or maybe you did get the wrong parts. goodness knows, customers never make a mistake telling a parts guy what year/make/model vehicle they have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.