Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a turbo muffler fit on a non turbo PT? My wife has my 01 PT and doesn't like the sound of the Dynomax muffler on it. I would like to switch the muffler from my turbo and put it on her 01 and put the Dynomax on my turbo.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Speaking of the turbo muffler...has anyone actually heard a GT as it drives by them? I'm just curious as if mine actually makes any noise outside of the car....enough to be noticeable. ?:|

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I see a trend here that the wives are nixing our Dynamax, Borla, etc exhausts cuz they don't like the sound (I am victim of this as well).

Man, those ladies hold the power over us guys don't they? 8*

Or is it they withhold the "power"? ;)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
spdracr said:
Speaking of the turbo muffler...has anyone actually heard a GT as it drives by them? I'm just curious as if mine actually makes any noise outside of the car....enough to be noticeable. ?:|
Well, if you'd slow down a bit people could get a glimpse and listen ;) :D

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
Comedy Cruiser said:
I see a trend here that the wives are nixing our Dynamax, Borla, etc exhausts cuz they don't like the sound (I am victim of this as well).

Man, those ladies hold the power over us guys don't they? 8*

Or is it they withhold the "power"? ;)
Guess I'm lucky, my wife loves my Borlas! My daughter sometimes complains a bit, though - but she ain't paying the bills!!

:}

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
QT said:
Will a turbo muffler fit on a non turbo PT? My wife has my 01 PT and doesn't like the sound of the Dynomax muffler on it. I would like to switch the muffler from my turbo and put it on her 01 and put the Dynomax on my turbo.
Is she complaining about the sound quality or sound level?

Me & wifey both liked the Dynomax sound, but not it's loud Drone under load that peaked about 3000 rpm.

I got my muffler guy to put a small resonator about a foot long in the pipe behind the Cat Converter.

The Drone was eliminated and overall sound level dropped about a third.

Me & wifey both love it now, and we can talk and hear the radio at low volumnes now & cruise for hours on the Interstate without "ear fatigue" :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
TomCat said:
Also make sure the diameters are the same. I believe the stock exhaust is 2 1/4 inches. Not sure if they made the turbo exhaust larger. :)
I know the turbo tailpipe is a larger diameter than standard, so, yeah better get under there and check.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts