Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a 1991 Daytona shelby Iroc with the 2.5 Turbo 1.

The problem Iam having is the turbo is not boosting it was working fine with no problems a Day ago. The boost gauge will show vacuum But when I step on the gas it will go up to zero on the gauge and thats it. My son was driving on the parkway when he boosted up 10 pounds he noticed it dropped in to Vacuum and stopped boosting from then on.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I had the same problem with my Shadow. Remove the intake boot and see if you
can turn the turbine shaft. Mine was locked up solid, come to find out the exhaust
shield came apart under the exhaust turbine and locked up the exhaust turbine.
I am currently installing a new turbo.

·
Registered
827 Posts
check to see that you do not have any boost leaks. your turbo to TB hose might have some loose or you might have a crack somewhere in the hose.

someone already mentioned to check the wastegate arm as well as checking to see that the turbo still spins freely with the motor OFF and COOL.

Was the turbo making any unusual sounds before/after/when this happened? is your motor topped up with oil in decent [i.e not black] motor oil?

Is your cat blocked up? Does the mitsu turbo still have that band clamp in the middle of the turbo?

have you run the "on/off sequence with the ignition key to check for codes?

other things to check. Make sure air filter is clean and not filled with debris. check to see that nothing is in the plastic hose from the airbox to the turbo.

check to see that your PCV is working well and check to see that all vacuum lines are as they should be an connected properly.

are you running a g valve? check to see that it is clean.

worse case senerio, check your coolant and motor oil to see that they have not mixed.

let us know
bernie

·
Registered
827 Posts
Hey, thanks for the update. Glad to hear it was a simple fix:thumb:
Now its time for more boost!:woot:
bernie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts